Could a sex link produce another sex link confirmation.

Cornishboyraptor

Songster
Nov 27, 2020
I have an brood of what seems to be from a rir rooster and a light Sussex tho one egg was white not pale/tan and is black so idk if that's from a light Sussex. Anyway I think I have 4 girls and 1 boy and the black one may also be a boy. The boy looks like he'll be red with the black neck feathering from the light Sussex and I have a barred rock and a cream legbar. If I were to breed that chick with the barred rock or/and the cream legbar then would it create a sex link (think I know it'll be a no but wanna be sure) or an abomination?

I've only once had a patchwork chicken. He had different colors in approximately 2 inch squares all over his body with grey wings and cream colored neck feathers. He was pretty ugly and a barnyard mix of unknown parentage, but there are still times I regret sending him to freezer camp.

When you look at the variety of sizes, colors, and behaviors of chickens you can see thst there are breeders out there who will give almost anything a try as long as it doesn't come with lethal genes. And even if it does if they want the other genes badly enough some people will try anyway. When you're developing a new breed, you have to try new combinations because many of the older ones have already been tried. But when you see how much diversity can come ftom a couple generations of barnyąrd mixed birds you also realize how much potential there is for something new, and maybe weird, and possibly wonderful, in any chicken. That's when you start asking yourself questions like "I wonder if I can get my rooster's orange comb to breed true?" or "Could I develop a breed of chicken that lays even bluer eggs than these?"

The abominations don't hatch. The ones that do are just opportunities 😊.

I've only once had a patchwork chicken. He had different colors in approximately 2 inch squares all over his body with grey wings and cream colored neck feathers. He was pretty ugly and a barnyard mix of unknown parentage, but there are still times I regret sending him to freezer camp.

When you look at the variety of sizes, colors, and behaviors of chickens you can see thst there are breeders out there who will give almost anything a try as long as it doesn't come with lethal genes. And even if it does if they want the other genes badly enough some people will try anyway. When you're developing a new breed, you have to try new combinations because many of the older ones have already been tried. But when you see how much diversity can come ftom a couple generations of barnyąrd mixed birds you also realize how much potential there is for something new, and maybe weird, and possibly wonderful, in any chicken. That's when you start asking yourself questions like "I wonder if I can get my rooster's orange comb to breed true?" or "Could I develop a breed of chicken that lays even bluer eggs than these?"

The abominations don't hatch. The ones that do are just opportunities 😊.
That's quite motivational. I feel like I have to try to like replace the grey of the cream legbar to like red or something like that.

I have an brood of what seems to be from a rir rooster and a light Sussex tho one egg was white not pale/tan and is black so idk if that's from a light Sussex. Anyway I think I have 4 girls and 1 boy and the black one may also be a boy. The boy looks like he'll be red with the black neck feathering from the light Sussex and I have a barred rock and a cream legbar. If I were to breed that chick with the barred rock or/and the cream legbar then would it create a sex link (think I know it'll be a no but wanna be sure) or an abomination?
Your post is confusing.
You believe you have a male chick hatched from a RIR rooster over a light Sussex hen? You suspect he will be red with Columbian markings?
That cross would create sex links but the males would not be red so I'm confused. Pic of this chick
Would that chick produce sex links if breed to a BR or CCL? Yes it would. They may not all look alike but males would have head spots at hatch and females would not. Males will feather in barred. Females would not be barred.

Your post is confusing.
You believe you have a male chick hatched from a RIR rooster over a light Sussex hen? You suspect he will be red with Columbian markings?
That cross would create sex links but the males would not be red so I'm confused. Pic of this chick
Would that chick produce sex links if breed to a BR or CCL? Yes it would. They may not all look alike but males would have head spots at hatch and females would not. Males will feather in barred. Females would not be barred.
I don't currently have a pic so I will send one later. Rn he is nearly 9 weeks and he was gold but over time it's getting darker as rn it's like a dark orange like colour and has black marking on his neck like a light Sussex would.

Your post is confusing.
I do have a pic when he was like a day young. He is the one with a red stripe down his back. (Note might not reply as phone nearly dead). The other one with the red stripe died tho but I think he'll look like the one still alive.

Attachments

• IMG-20210223-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20210223-WA0000.jpg
    284 KB · Views: 10
Can a Sex linked hen when crossed with a rooster produce sex linked chicks? Yeah, a black sexlinked hen when crossed with a sex linked chocolate rooster will produce chocolate hens and black roosters

Back
Top Bottom