Could people put location in the title?

WI chickens

Songster
Oct 27, 2022
Wisconsin
Just a request, not an order :) I would like to help people with their birds and I know enough people in my area with chickens that I may be able to help, but it's harder to open and read every thread to find out where they are located. If people put the location in the title, at least the state, I can go right to the ones I may be able to help with. Just one lowly members thoughts on the matter.

Here's an old member seconding the idea. Location is so helpful for so may issues. Genius to put it in the title!!

I would like to see it as a requirement for registering on the site as a member.

It's such a little ask. We aren't interested in your address and a map to your house. But giving your location can provide a lot of clues to why a chicken may be acting sick, and this shortcut, eliminating the need for long (boring) interrogation, can save a chicken's life.

Agree. IMO the success rate for rehoming would logically increase if readers know the general location at a glance in the title. After scrolling through 10 threads to discover where the bird is located it gets old, and most will move on.
With that in mind states that take 12+ hours to cross- break it down.
trying to rehoming in Texas is not the same as New Jersey (not picking on you Jersey, calm down 😜)

You could add a box on the same line as the title that gives the state/province/country code of the poster. (But that would be in the programing) not a hard add, and it would be automatic.
Who works on programming at BYC that we can tag here? I'd like to see if this is possible.

Edit: @Nifty-Chicken are you the right person to tag?

Last edited:
Just a request, not an order :) I would like to help people with their birds and I know enough people in my area with chickens that I may be able to help, but it's harder to open and read every thread to find out where they are located. If people put the location in the title, at least the state, I can go right to the ones I may be able to help with. Just one lowly members thoughts on the matter.
Yes, please! It helps all around! Lynn, N.IN

Back
Top Bottom