Could she have laid two eggs within minutes

MNL

Chirping
Oct 8, 2019
Manorville, New York
Is it possible that one of my girls would lay a regular egg and then one one of those soft ones right after? They eat Purina Free range layena. Also, I feel like it would have to have been only one of my girls because it was laid under steps on hard concrete. My girls are two years old and have never laid anywhere other than their coop. They have two nest boxes between the three of them and have even shared a single nest box. It's so odd about the concrete being choice and the soft one too. Anyone have ideas or should I be worried about their health??

They eat Purina Free range layena.
Do you feed any other foods/treats?
Do you have a source of extra calcium, like oyster shells in a separate container?

It's so odd about the concrete being choice and the soft one too.
Those softies can slip out anywhere.

I have extra calcium in a dish but, they don;t really eat it. Also sometimes their eggs have an extra little clump of shell, so I was afraid they have too much calcium?? The layena has oyster shells in it. I give them plain greek 2 or 5% fat yogurt as a treat. Each day they get a sprinkle of scratch in their run. Also, mealworms, oat groats, bran flakes & Purina Farm to Flock treats are their regular treats

Back
Top Bottom