Couldn’t walk last night, can’t stand this morning

Bluebellhoney

Chirping
Oct 12, 2020
I have some young Langshans in a seperate pen together, now they are growing they sometimes get a little rowdy, and last night one hadn’t gone up the ramp to bed. I couldn’t see any injuries on him but he didn’t want to walk much. I thought perhaps he has strained something in a scuffle, so I separated him. This morning he can’t stand and is sitting legs splayed.
I have given him vitamins and electrolytes in his water but he isn’t really eating or drinking. He is also very sleepy.
Anyone got any ideas? He slept on my daughter for an hour this morning!
Edited to add, I’m in Australia and it has been very hot here the last few days

Attachments

• ED733582-F9AF-4E30-8AAB-8C5D232FBCDA.jpeg
    ED733582-F9AF-4E30-8AAB-8C5D232FBCDA.jpeg
    360.7 KB · Views: 17
I have some young Langshans in a seperate pen together, now they are growing they sometimes get a little rowdy, and last night one hadn’t gone up the ramp to bed. I couldn’t see any injuries on him but he didn’t want to walk much. I thought perhaps he has strained something in a scuffle, so I separated him. This morning he can’t stand and is sitting legs splayed.
I have given him vitamins and electrolytes in his water but he isn’t really eating or drinking. He is also very sleepy.
Looks like it's either Merek's Disease, or a possible food poisoning.

What color are his poops?

Here he is now- a brief spell of eating like mad, and now just sitting again. He has drunk a tiny amount only.

They are in an ark which I move to a new spot every other day. Fed on growers mash, occasionally some lettuce, but I don’t feed scraps to the babies.

Attachments

• 2C97AC53-68C7-4B02-83EB-ED3FA42E52BD.jpeg
    2C97AC53-68C7-4B02-83EB-ED3FA42E52BD.jpeg
    460.9 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom