Counter-Peristalsis Contraction

Just wanted to provide an update on Olaf. She is still kicking!!

She laid a few more off eggs, then it appeared as though her hormones and reproductive system shut down on it’s own. Her comb has gone pale and she no longer squats, without any other cause that we can see. She is not molting or broody.

Think this is a rare outcome considering all she has been through, but she is happy and chatty as ever, very friendly hen :)

View attachment 1605304
Hello I found the post through googling this problem my silkie hen is having at the moment it’s exactly the same issue and the vet says we can only try a hormone therapy to stop her egg production for life she is only 1 year old and I would really like to find out if there are any other ways to cure her. She has been able to pass her large eggs but when it’s covered with the soft shell it’s very difficult for her I am afraid she can have a prolapsed vent in the future. I know this post is old but if you could tell me what happened to your hen in the end I’d really appreciate it. Thank you!

Hello I found the post through googling this problem my silkie hen is having at the moment it’s exactly the same issue and the vet says we can only try a hormone therapy to stop her egg production for life she is only 1 year old and I would really like to find out if there are any other ways to cure her. She has been able to pass her large eggs but when it’s covered with the soft shell it’s very difficult for her I am afraid she can have a prolapsed vent in the future. I know this post is old but if you could tell me what happened to your hen in the end I’d really appreciate it. Thank you!
Welcome To BYC

The OP has not been active since 2019 so you may not get a response.
Do you have a thread about your hen?

Back
Top Bottom