Jaggedbadge123

In the Brooder
Aug 24, 2020
So here’s my story, I was checking on my chickens and the broody ones hoping for the chicks to have been hatched and I open up the door and the chicken freaks out the two eggs fall out, both cracked. One wasn’t fertile while the other was. The fertile one has a hole in it as big as fingernail, and it was bloody everywhere. I quickly, since I couldn’t put candle wax on the chick, I got a moist paper towel lightly covering it so no bacteria would get in, I have it in the incubator right now. This was yesterday when I found the crack and I could see it breathing in there, but as I was checking today nothing seemed to move. If anyone has advice they could spare, I was wondering whether I should change the paper towel for something else? If you think it could make it? Any advise really, but another thing I was worried about was when I found the egg it was on the ground so bacteria might have gotten into it, below is a picture of me taking it today’s, not yesterday when it was bloody because I wasn’t thinking bout photos. It’s not the best phot, if you need a close up or anything just ask. Thank you so much
EACA4E6F-93A2-4FA9-9BD6-0A8E30209908.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom