Craigslist Find

mochicken

Songster
8 Years
Apr 27, 2011
NW Missouri
Found a man on KC Craigslist selling this setup, shot him an email and drove 2 hours each way to buy the stuff

The Incubator GQF 1202
Homemade hatcher made to GQF specs with all GQF parts
2 GQF 5 gallon water systems with tubs ( no sponges so I will have to buy some soon )
2 GQF digital thermo's with hygrometer
Several egg trays
4 hatching trays

I am considering converting the incubator into a 2 turner and 1 hatcher setup and selling the hatcher since its more than I will need to hatch the amount of eggs I hatch, I just wanted a good reliable incubator and the hatcher came with it as a package deal

Last edited:
Not at all $350 lol, like I said, great deal
big_smile.png

I drove my Ford Fusion instead of my truck because in my messed up mind I thought they would fit lmao, I ended up having to put the incubator in the trunk and tie the lid down then came the fun part, the hatcher wouldnt fit in my back seat as planned sooooooooooooooooooo I had to disassemble the entire thing lol. I had to disconnect all the wires and I didnt take pictures of what I disconnected ( ALWAYS TAKE PICS IF YOU CAN lol ) so I put the hatcher back together last night but I didnt get it rewired until today, I am in the process of setting the thermostats now, I got the incubator temps stabilized and the backup thermostat on so its good to go when I decide to set more eggs.

That would be extremely dangerous for me. That is a lot of space to incubate. LOL

You got a great deal.

I only raise Coturnix quail, brown egg layer chickens ( just thinned the herd down to 6 hens ) I have Buckeyes that were just hatched so in 6-7 months I will be doing some hatching for them to get my project started on that as well as BCM eggs soon. Mostly I will be hatching Coturnix eggs, I raise a few colors of normals and then I have jumbos with plans to add A&M soon as well. We also have silkies although they have not started laying yet, when they do I have quite a few people interested in chicks. My biggest "money maker"<<< if there is such a thing in poultry lol will be selling day old coturnix to alot of my prepper friends who want them for food.

I also have a cousin that lives about 5 minutes from me, she has chickens, ducks, turkeys, and other birds I probably havnt seen yet lol, she only has an LG incubator so she brings me her more expensive eggs to hatch and gives me half the hatch in exchange to keep or sell. Right now in my smaller incubator I have some Royal Palm turkey eggs in there for her and she will have alot more turkey eggs soon

Last edited:
I got the incubator and hatcher both set up and all is well, I am going to build a cart to put them on with caster wheels so I can move them if needed and I definitely want to get a clear door from GQF for the incubator so I can see that everything is working without opening the incubator

Back
Top Bottom