Crazy About Chickens

So, don't know if anyone reads this thread, but I have to give this update. I think my dad is turning over a new leaf and is slowly becoming addicted to chickens. Now let me explain that my DH and I live with my parents. He has had a hard time finding a steady job and unfortunately my job won't support the both of us. So anyways, I was talking to both my parents the other day and explaining that I think one of the supposed "pullets" I have is a roo. Well in reply to that I got the "What are we going to do with it?" from my mom. I found it funny. I told her that there was only two things we could do with it, eat it, or keep it. I can't stare at it and change it into a hen. My dad, before we got the chicks, wasn't really all that into them. But the other night, when this conversation was happening, he said we should keep the roo, get an incubator and then I could hatch out my own chicks. In my mind I was giving myself a high five. My mom is slowly coming around too. She's always asking how big the ones we have are getting and everything. I'm not expecting either of them to jump up and be active in helping take care of them, after all, it was my idea to get and raise chickens for the fresh eggs and to teach my daughter where her food comes from. We do have a garden and I just want her to learn about the other aspects since the way some people act nowadays you would think all food grew on trees.

Back
Top Bottom