Crazy momma glee

:yaWonderful!!! I wish you would post a video! I had 4 wonderful boys until August. My neighbors were all fine with the chickens and loved the roos... except for 1 person who lives the furthest from me, but his property line is within 200 feet. He complained to the township. We had to file a variance because it turns out you can't have even 1 chicken here on less than 5 acres. Well we changed that! Got our variance, and then the township changed the ordinance. You can even have 4 hens on 1/4 acre!:yesss:

But we cannot have any roos. I miss them! I miss hearing that first attempt at crowing, and watching how they grow into big guys. My Bielefelder roo was a giant, but he was also a pussycat!

Good luck, and congrats! BTW, I was raised within the NYC limits. Who knew I would fall in love with chickens???
:wee

Thank you I never expected to be so crazy about them all. I talk non stop about my chickens to my whole family. My whole world has changed.

r

I'm the same I always have stories to share and I even repeat them my extended family thinks I'm weird they don't understand the discovery of great pets that act like sweet toddlers lol

:lau You are not alone!!! I got my first chicks when my youngest went off to college... empty nest??? Now I have more photos of chicks and chickens on my phone, than photos of my kids! :gig

:highfive:
My cell all chickens with an occasional pic of my dog. He so far is ok with them, a little jealous.
I shot this pic
20180427_100455.jpg

When they were babies. The brave ones and Taz. :drool
Hes was a little too fond of their poop :sick

:highfive:
My cell all chickens with an occasional pic of my dog. He so far is ok with them, a little jealous.
I shot this pic View attachment 1436957
When they were babies. The brave ones and Taz. :drool
Hes was a little too fond of their poop :sick
:gigNice to know that my dog isn't the only one who thinks the produce puppy treats! This is Jalal when he was about 3 months old. He is now almost 2! That is Elwood, by Legbar roo.
Jalal and Elwood.JPG

Beautiful roo :love cute puppy too!

Question on your fencing, we just bought some that looks like that. Does it work well?
We were gonna build 4 feet high and put a top on it.

I have 2 RIR, 4 Australorpes 3 bantam Golden Phoenixs, 2 BSL's, and 7 standard mixes. All 10 weeks.

Currently run is attached to prefab, which we move every 3 days so they have fresh grass. We are gonna build bigger winterized coop and run and incorporate prefab to it. Starting with the run first so they have more room.

I've NEVER had chickens til these.

Beautiful roo :love cute puppy too!

Question on your fencing, we just bought some that looks like that. Does it work well?
We were gonna build 4 feet high and put a top on it.

I have 2 RIR, 4 Australorpes 3 bantam Golden Phoenixs, 2 BSL's, and 7 standard mixes. All 10 weeks.

Currently run is attached to prefab, which we move every 3 days so they have fresh grass. We are gonna build bigger winterized coop and run and incorporate prefab to it. Starting with the run first so they have more room.

I've NEVER had chickens til these.
I
m heading to the dentist! I will post photos of our set up later - what you are seeing is an area where they can "free range" but it has 6' fencing with Homedepot bird mesh over it. It will not stop a predator like a fox. It did work for the hawks. They have a 30x30x8 [redator proof run attached to the coop and the coop has an automatic door. Suncast coop was bought to be a coop. 8x8. I think there are photos on BYC. The inside is always changing as I rearrange things.

Back
Top Bottom