Cream Legbar Pictures

Quote:
I dont know about everyone elses but mine are a little on the flighy side. I think this is because i didnt raise them from chicks so they get scared if i try to touch them or pick them up. They arent crazy though like leghorns. Just not very tame.
My rooster is a lot more friendly than the hen but i think this is because i got him when he was younger but the hen was about 4.5 months old when i got her.

I am enjoying this thread. I would really love to hear more from people about temperament of this breed. I am almost sold on this breed. I just love the look of the birds (so pretty!), the blue eggs are awesome and the fact that they can be sexed at hatch is GREAT. But, for me, temperament is huge in deciding the breeds I keep. I want happy birds that come running to greet me
smile.png
- not scared birds that run away when the see me coming
sad.png

I think raised from chicks they would be just fine. However most of us got them as juveniles from GFF so bonding did not begin until later. They do come when I bring treats though and will eat out of my hand.

Here are some photos of the chicks I've hatched out. Females have dark stripe from head to tail with chipmunk stripes on back. Males have a white spot on their heads and are lighter in general.
99220_img_2406.jpg

99220_img_2409.jpg

99220_img_2407.jpg

99220_img_2408.jpg

99220_img_2410.jpg

99220_img_2412.jpg

99220_img_2413.jpg

Quote:
Sorry, been real busy at work or I would've responded earlier. One of the best characteristics of the cream legbar is that it is an auto sexing breed. Which means its chicks are visibly sexable soon after hatch. Unlike sex linked birds, this trait passes on from generation to generation. Here is a link to the CL thread. Lots of info there about them.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=459044

Back
Top Bottom