Cream Legbar Pictures

Pics
So sorry to hear that. Did you have any escape?

Lately coyotes have been bolder around here, lastnight the dogs were barking at one that just stood about 100-yards away and didn't run off. Partially here, I think the drought has made them more fearless, because there are fewer places that they can get water, and they will come into the pasture by the house.

I hope your little ones are all O.K.
Thanks. Our dog died last week too, although he hasn't been able to get around much for awhile.
The ones who survived flew up into the orchard trees or on top of the coop.
Amazingly not one of the teenage pullets were taken and they were out with the hens (trying to familiarize).
The rooster took a beating, but is doing well if he doesn't end up with an infection (nasty coyote bite).
This morning one of my favorite pullets came walking out of the other trees, it made me so happy.
Of the few pullets that remain, one has the best cream color and laid the prettiest blue egg yesterday. I'm happy for that too.

It seems that if we don't give them proper names they always end up with pet names anyways.
smile.png
because they are just so cute.

Thanks. Our dog died last week too, although he hasn't been able to get around much for awhile.
The ones who survived flew up into the orchard trees or on top of the coop.
Amazingly not one of the teenage pullets were taken and they were out with the hens (trying to familiarize).
The rooster took a beating, but is doing well if he doesn't end up with an infection (nasty coyote bite).
This morning one of my favorite pullets came walking out of the other trees, it made me so happy.
Of the few pullets that remain, one has the best cream color and laid the prettiest blue egg yesterday. I'm happy for that too.
Miraculous and wonderful! so glad that your favorite didn't get damaged by coyotes.

Thanks for the kind comments.
Without posting a picture, I will just say the rooster's bruising is not the same color as seen on people. It almost looks iridescent blue green through his skin. Has anyone else seen that before?

Funny story: about 5:30 this morning, DH and I were totally perplexed about this noise that our dryer was making. Some sort of grinding noise...really odd... Well, on the other side of the laundry room's back wall is our back porch, where the brooders currently sit. We quickly realized that the noise wasn't actually coming from the dryer, so we poke our heads out the back door and - you guessed it - our 11 week old CL rooster (Russell Crowe) is out there doing his darnedest to let out his first ever morning wake up call!!! I took a video (too dark to see anything, but the audio is hilarious!) and will upload if I can figure out how.

I didn't realize that this breed starts to crow so young... I have a couple marans that are the exact same age, born on the same day, that have yet to make a peep.

Also, between my two girls, I definitely have one darker (gold?) and one lighter (cream?). The lighter girl has much less of a crest, but I'm hoping it comes in a little fuller as she matures...

Funny story: about 5:30 this morning, DH and I were totally perplexed about this noise that our dryer was making. Some sort of grinding noise...really odd... Well, on the other side of the laundry room's back wall is our back porch, where the brooders currently sit. We quickly realized that the noise wasn't actually coming from the dryer, so we poke our heads out the back door and - you guessed it - our 11 week old CL rooster (Russell Crowe) is out there doing his darnedest to let out his first ever morning wake up call!!! I took a video (too dark to see anything, but the audio is hilarious!) and will upload if I can figure out how.

I didn't realize that this breed starts to crow so young... I have a couple marans that are the exact same age, born on the same day, that have yet to make a peep.
yuckyuck.gif
That is funny...... Cream Legbar boys do start out pretty screechy and we never expect them to start so young! Thanks for posting.

Back
Top Bottom