Cream Legbar Pictures

Pics
I have two clb at point of lay and am getting blue eggs i did notice however where the egg got a little soiled the other day it had green streaks but cleaning off the soiling its blue.. Also they should not be green green if they are they are mixed with a brown egg layer...
Congratulations~~~ That is a beautiful shade of blue IMO!

I know this is a pic forum, but also would love opinions on one of my cockerels...

Love all your pics BTW!!!
Keep us posted on how he grows. NICE yellow in straight leggs with good length... One of the larger crests I have ever seen on a CL cockerel. The color is light which is considered highly desirable by many---and .... the light dusting of chestnut, may lighten or darken as he grows. Although his tail is not fully in the picture, it looks like he is holding it at the 45-degree angle that is the ideal...and he's also holding his wings very well. All good signs......The comb may have a bit of a wiggle---but as long as it doesn't traverse his head diagonally like one cockerel I grew out had...you have potential for a nice upright comb. All in all a very nice bird - How old and where did you get him or get the eggs? :O)

Keep us posted on how he grows. NICE yellow in straight leggs with good length... One of the larger crests I have ever seen on a CL cockerel. The color is light which is considered highly desirable by many---and .... the light dusting of chestnut, may lighten or darken as he grows. Although his tail is not fully in the picture, it looks like he is holding it at the 45-degree angle that is the ideal...and he's also holding his wings very well. All good signs......The comb may have a bit of a wiggle---but as long as it doesn't traverse his head diagonally like one cockerel I grew out had...you have potential for a nice upright comb. All in all a very nice bird - How old and where did you get him or get the eggs? :O)

Thank you for that feedback!! I have been calling him "Blondie" b/c he is so much lighter than the other 2 cockerels I have. All the credit should go to CJWaldon, he is from her =) Thanks Candace!! Oh, in this pic he is about 3 months old, he is coming on 4 months now... time for an updated pic
smile.png
So how much of a crest "should" the roos have?

Last edited:
Thank you for that feedback!! I have been calling him "Blondie" b/c he is so much lighter than the other 2 cockerels I have. All the credit should go to CJWaldon, he is from her =) Thanks Candace!! Oh, in this pic he is about 3 months old, he is coming on 4 months now... time for an updated pic
smile.png
So how much of a crest "should" the roos have?
Generally the roosters have a much smaller crest than the females. The crooked comb rooster that was here had a big spikey crest..but it was because he had a diagonal comb. Time will tell how your little one grows out.... Can't wait to see your updated pict. Congrats to you and CJWaldon for nice Cream Legbars!

Last edited:

Didn't realize I had all these old photos of him....My external drive crashed a while ago and I lost just about all my photos. -- His flopping comb, strangely became upright, and he is a nice little guy IMO - he did jump his new owner when she was doing something with one of her hens and the hen squawked loudly. He thought he was protecting her...

Important point...a crooked comb (diagonally traversing the skull) will probably stay crooked (dioagonal) - but a floppy comb can grow to be straight upright...and I never knew that before this.

For little "Heart" in the above pictures, I would say that if his crest was equal on both sides and that wild and spiked, it would be a bit more than I would consider the ideal for a Cream Legbar rooster IMO.

Last edited:
Interesting pics above of the comb.... I will get some updated pics of him, he is looking much more "roostery" now and is crowing, his crest, interestingly, doesn't seem to be as big anymore...

Interesting pics above of the comb.... I will get some updated pics of him, he is looking much more "roostery" now and is crowing, his crest, interestingly, doesn't seem to be as big anymore...

Definitely get more pictures...he is a nice cockerel. Perhaps the growth of the comb dwarfs the crest---and I think that Rooster crests are generally pretty small on a straight combed rooster.

ETA Lol -- looks Like I already said the same thing in an earlier post.
lau.gif

Here's an update on the rooster with the floppy comb pictured above BTW

I'm thinking he is just about 1-year old now.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom