Cream Legbar Pictures

Pics
Help please on determining the sex of my new LB chicks. Thanks
[/IMG][/IMG]

I think your CLs look like girls. Sometimes even girls will show a very tiny head spot but if the chipmunk pattern is very defined it still means girls. I am by no means professional at this It just things I have read.

Hi roxy479! All of those close ups look like girls. Girls have that distinct brown V on top of their heads and may have a small cream head spot. Boys will be more grey and have a diffuse patchy lighter area at the top and back of their heads, not necessarily even a spot. In your first photo the three in front are girls and the one in back is hard to tell because it is lighter and you can't see the head well. If that one is one of the four you have posted in the close-up pairs, then I call it a girl too.

Last edited:
There was a discussion awhile back about CLs on eBay -- and I put in a LONG post about why not to buy from eBay. I can't find it now to PM the original poster - (and I have looked...I will put this in the other CL threads...too) --

Just saw some really nice photos on eBay of some really nice CLs and I bet that you COULD get good CLs on eBay -- and if the eBay seller happened to be geographically near you it could be an advantage.

so sorry for being so opinionated and closed minded. I have to say -- I got my first CLs from Craig's List and they happened to be my best. The last batch I got from Craig's List happened to be my worst CLs....but "you pays your money and you takes your chances..." (I also bought my very first chickens on Craig's List and one of them was the perfect chicken and one of the others was the sickest chicken in the state....so

I apologize to the person that I implied that nothing good can come from eBay -- I happened across this seller....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-TOFH-CRE...133?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e800c9905

I think the photo shows a very nice hen---and the rooster has six points does he not - oh you of sharper eyes than mine...??

So -- Apology to eBay sellers, and to the poster who asked. If I could find my old post, I would PM you -- but I think now-and-then BYC posts do go to electronic dust...
hide.gif
(but I think that they can reappear from that parallel Universe).....

There was a discussion awhile back about CLs on eBay -- and I put in a LONG post about why not to buy from eBay.  I can't find it now to PM the original poster - (and I have looked...I will put this in the other CL threads...too) -- 

Just saw some really nice photos on eBay of some really nice CLs and I bet that you COULD get good CLs on eBay -- and if the eBay seller happened to be geographically near you it could be an advantage.  

so sorry for being so opinionated and closed minded.  I have to say -- I got my first CLs from Craig's List and they happened to be my best.  The last batch I got from Craig's List happened to be my worst CLs....but "you pays your money and you takes your chances..."  (I also bought my very first chickens on Craig's List and one of them was the perfect chicken and one of the others was the sickest chicken in the state....so 

I apologize to the person that I implied that nothing good can come from eBay -- I happened across this seller....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-TOFH-CRE...133?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e800c9905

I think the photo shows a very nice hen---and the rooster has six points does he not - oh you of sharper eyes than mine...??  

So -- Apology to eBay sellers, and to the poster who asked.  If I could find my old post, I would PM you -- but I think now-and-then BYC posts do go to electronic dust...:oops:   (but I think that they can reappear from that parallel Universe)..... 
That is Heather of The Old Farm House - I get eggs from her through ebay and then drive to get them as she is fairly local to me near Denton :) She somehow manages to get many of the original Greenfire breeding stock and she was told (probably screwing up this story but I'm trying, LOL!) by I think someone from the CL Club that she had the finest CL rooster he'd seen or something like that. I hatched one girl and one boy from her eggs so I am hopeful I will get a decent roo, LOL! She is super nice lady and has tons of gorgeous rare breeds at her place.

Back
Top Bottom