Cream Legbar Pictures

Pics
Some of mine - ours are all free ranging together for now till we get individual pens built.

That is Heather of The Old Farm House - I get eggs from her through ebay and then drive to get them as she is fairly local to me near Denton
smile.png
She somehow manages to get many of the original Greenfire breeding stock and she was told (probably screwing up this story but I'm trying, LOL!) by I think someone from the CL Club that she had the finest CL rooster he'd seen or something like that. I hatched one girl and one boy from her eggs so I am hopeful I will get a decent roo, LOL! She is super nice lady and has tons of gorgeous rare breeds at her place.

Fabulous -- just goes to show you that one should keep an open mind. I thought that her stock looked good from picts..and now you verify she is a real person.
How did the rooster do once you got the meds?

Fabulous -- just goes to show you that one should keep an open mind.  I thought that her stock looked good from picts..and now you verify she is a real person.  
How did the rooster do once you got the meds?  
He seems better as does the hen. Still keeping them quarantined though. She finally laid an egg yesterday so that's a good sign I think.

This one I'm not sure about. All the others are dark. What do you think?

I think it is a girl with light down.

Downs come in about three varieties of colors with Punnett saying that he thought that the darker down color was dominant.

A boy would show a definite white HEAD blotch --

If you have a way to legband that particular chick - when it gets old enough that she starts feathering IN her adult coloration, you will want to keep careful track. From the photos it is a bit hard to tell -- and she definitely had the stripe of darker and lighter on her head -- but it is hard from the photo for me to see the chipmunk stripe on the little rump of the chick. It could be that once the adult colors come IN - you won't be able to tell this chick from your others -- but you may want to be sure you know her eggs if you are hatching - in case the autosexing is less evident in her chicks....... JMO.

This one I'm not sure about. All the others are dark. What do you think?
Hi Roxy. I agree with ChicKat. This is a light downed female. The V on the head is very distinct and no light blotchy area/spot. I would personally avoid breeding her unless she was spectacular in every other way and then keep close track of her chicks and make sure when they hatch to only use the very clear male/females and mark the ones where you can't easily tell sex so they don;t get used for breeding.

Here is my rooster, I have posted him previously when he was a little younger. He is now 8 months old. I know he has a little too much color and a very messy comb but he also has a lot of good things to work with

and here are my 2 pullets they are 10-12weeks old

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom