Cream Legbar Pictures

Pics
not sure where to post this....so I guess I will try here, I got 7 pullets/hens from a young lady who got them from her grandmothers farm and was no longer able to care for the chickens, she told me that they were ameracanas but they don't look like ameracaunas at all so I looked through othe pics and think they look like cream legbars could anyone please help identify these bird

Looking up Cream Legbars on Feathersite.com your birds sure do look to be CLs. However I'm puzzled at the pink eggs in your photo as I researched that CLs layed blue eggs. Perhaps others on this thread may help with that dilemna?

I have an APA Blue Wheaten Ameraucana (my avatar) and she lays blue. I would never expect a pink egg from a blue layer Ameraucana and I believe that should be true about CLs (unless you mixed other breeds' pink eggs into the photo to show contrast?).

Your birds are considered EEs or Easter Eggers. They are also called Americanas as opposed an Ameraucana which come in specific accepted color varieties. They typically have beards and muffs, yours has the crest similar to the Legbar. Among other aspects she has slate and not yellow colored legs and does not have a straight comb as required by Cream Legbars. Easter Eggers can lay a range of colored eggs, blue, green, pink etc. She is pretty but is a mix of breeds.
I'm glad blackbirds13 clarified the EE descriptor. I thought all EEs had beards/muffs but this photo looked so much like a CL from its photo that the pink eggs puzzled me. Now we know - yellow legs for CLs and some EEs don't necessarily have muffs/beards. EEs are wonderful birds - sweet, kooky, klutzy, jittery types but still let you hold and pet them while they fall asleep in your arms - very talkative too. You have nice birds JennaV with a beautiful egg basket.

Congratulations! Cute little bunch of chicks.

What are you using for your divider in your hatcher? I've yet to find one that works well for me and yours looks pretty good.

I also saw dark eggs in there and was wondering Marans? Welsummers? Barnies? Planning on some Olive Eggers in a few years? I am partial to Welsummers myself, but it seems like quite a few Cream Legbar breeders like Marans.

My Speckled Sussex broody Cluckles hatched out 2 Cream Legbars--a boy and a girl. They are so tiny compared to her! I question the wisdom, but she decided to take them out to the main flock this morning--they are 3 days old. I guess I wouldn't mess with her if I were a chicken--she's about 6-7 pounds of solid broody attitude right now.

Congratulations! Cute little bunch of chicks. Thanks ended up with 8 pullets and 4 cockerels Legbars

What are you using for your divider in your hatcher? I've yet to find one that works well for me and yours looks pretty good. Eggs from two breeding pens. I used some leftover plastic hardware cloth. It cuts easy, zip tied it to the wire below and no sharp points to hurt the hatch. Comes out and cleans easy. It worker very well and kept 8 chicks separated for 24 hours.

I also saw dark eggs in there and was wondering Marans? Welsummers? Barnies? Planning on some Olive Eggers in a few years? I am partial to Welsummers myself, but it seems like quite a few Cream Legbar breeders like Marans. Copper Marans - yes on the future oliver eggers.

Congratulations! Cute little bunch of chicks.

What are you using for your divider in your hatcher? I've yet to find one that works well for me and yours looks pretty good.

I also saw dark eggs in there and was wondering Marans? Welsummers? Barnies? Planning on some Olive Eggers in a few years? I am partial to Welsummers myself, but it seems like quite a few Cream Legbar breeders like Marans.

I agree.

Cream Legbars and Marans are so different but just seem to go together. I raise both :)

My Speckled Sussex broody Cluckles hatched out 2 Cream Legbars--a boy and a girl. They are so tiny compared to her! I question the wisdom, but she decided to take them out to the main flock this morning--they are 3 days old. I guess I wouldn't mess with her if I were a chicken--she's about 6-7 pounds of solid broody attitude right now.

She's going to take good care of them...

Back
Top Bottom