Cream Legbar Pictures

Pics
Wow that book is a great read. I have only skimmed through it and was reading about pre-potency. Is his method still valid? If yes, does anyone of you use it to for selection and breeding?

This is the skull of a Cream Legbar rooster---(actually it is in 3-parts and I may not have the three segments sitting together perfectly). The reason I boiled the head is because I wanted to see if there was any cranial hernia in the skull -- which I don't think Legbars have to have in order to be crested - and I have talked and PM'd about this --

A friend was over here and saw the bump on the back and noted that in Hogan's book it indicates a prepotent rooster. -- I thought that was pretty cool -- He definitely has the skull bump - not 100% sure that this photo does it justice ...but it is cool to have prepotentcy hanging around here. ;O) (This guy's doesn't do much good though does it? some eggs from him are in the incubator though)....

Sooo cute! Just hatched at 4:54 - from full zip to pop out in 2-minutes flat........

Look right where the head touches the eggshell - and you can see a light head spot....sleepy baby boy!
Congrats! Is that the incubator that has the eggs that would be Ice Cream Bars

Last edited:
Congrats! Is that the incubator that has the eggs that would be Ice Cream Bars

Thanks KP!

yes Junibutt -, I got one Ice Cream Bar--- here's the brooder bunch
:
newest two are at the bottom -- biggest one is the girl.....She's about 2-days ahead of the boy on her left -- and the ones from today have almost caught up to him.....

Last edited:
Thanks KP!

yes Junibutt -, I got one Ice Cream Bar--- here's the brooder bunch
:
newest two are at the bottom -- biggest one is the girl.....She's about 2-days ahead of the boy on her left -- and the ones from today have almost caught up to him.....
So that dark one is the Ice Cream Bar? and is it a boy?

So that dark one is the Ice Cream Bar? and is it a boy?
HA Ha -- It Is an Ice Cream Bar -- and since they aren't autosexing -- I don't honestly know. Silverudd intended to get to autosexing from what I understand - but died before he achieved it.

I guess I should hop to the Cream Legbar Hybrid Thread with my ICB huh? Just had another ICB hatch - and it is going to have to dry over night - before it goes in the brooder...poor thing. Also black at this point. I will post some picts. of them in the Cream Legbar Hybrid thread tomorrow. or send you PMs. :O)

Coming back to Legbars though.... it is just so great to know at hatch if it is a pullet or not a pullet.
jumpy.gif

HA Ha -- It Is an Ice Cream Bar -- and since they aren't autosexing -- I don't honestly know. Silverudd intended to get to autosexing from what I understand - but died before he achieved it.

I guess I should hop to the Cream Legbar Hybrid Thread with my ICB huh? Just had another ICB hatch - and it is going to have to dry over night - before it goes in the brooder...poor thing. Also black at this point. I will post some picts. of them in the Cream Legbar Hybrid thread tomorrow. or send you PMs. :O)

Coming back to Legbars though.... it is just so great to know at hatch if it is a pullet or not a pullet.
jumpy.gif
Super cute chick pics ChicKat!

Agreed about the auto sexing trait. For me its like Christmas morning waiting for the little heads to pop out and getting to say its a boy and its a girl. And I am even equally excited to find out when its a boy and not a girl. Though I love females to hatch, I really enjoy watching the males grow out.

I know there is an allowed variance in down coloration but I would still love to hear more. Are your male chicks always that dark? Do you have pics as they age like maybe juvenile pics as well as adult? Just curious because my chicks as of current are colored differently so I would love to hear more feed back on chick coloration. My males are mostly very pale so I was curious. Also another thing I noted from your chicks is the whitish faces, does that play a part at all later in adult color?

Last edited:
Super cute chick pics ChicKat!

Agreed about the auto sexing trait. For me its like Christmas morning waiting for the little heads to pop out and getting to say its a boy and its a girl. And I am even equally excited to find out when its a boy and not a girl. Though I love females to hatch, I really enjoy watching the males grow out.

I know there is an allowed variance in down coloration but I would still love to hear more. Are your male chicks always that dark? Do you have pics as they age like maybe juvenile pics as well as adult? Just curious because my chicks as of current are colored differently so I would love to hear more feed back on chick coloration. My males are mostly very pale so I was curious. Also another thing I noted from your chicks is the whitish faces, does that play a part at all later in adult color?
@chicken pickin did you mean your ICB's are lighter colored or did you mean your CCL's. The dark chick in the pic was an ICB in case you thought it was a CCL.

Back
Top Bottom