Cream Legbar Pictures

Pics
Thank you so much for all of your pictures! It's a shame that he's a "He" because he's become quite sweet! Unfortunately, we are only zoned for hens or I would keep him. He has lightened up (in color) even in the short amount of time that I've had them. Definitely lacking the stripes of a girl.

Thanks again!
Hopefully, the one you get as a replacement will be just as sweet. :O)

Hi Chicken picken and ChicKat......just wanted to give you an update on my cream legbar situation. I returned the boy and picked up 2 girls....they turned out to be Barnevelders! Holy moly....all I want is blue eggs in my basket ! Oh well, just not meant to be, I guess. The Barnevelders are beautiful, though! Thank you for all of your help and info!

Hi Chicken picken and ChicKat......just wanted to give you an update on my cream legbar situation. I returned the boy and picked up 2 girls....they turned out to be Barnevelders! Holy moly....all I want is blue eggs in my basket ! Oh well, just not meant to be, I guess. The Barnevelders are beautiful, though! Thank you for all of your help and info!

If you have good Barnies you should get some nice deeper brown eggs. If you want blue-green eggs just pick up an Easter Egger. Most feed stores have a lot of them available in the Spring.

I glad you were able to get a few pullets. Barnevelders are very pretty birds. I hope you are able to get your blue egg layer some day.

Have you heard of "Rooster collars"? I hadn't either until i came across their website. It's a collar you put on your roos to keep them from crowing. Maybe you could get one if you ever get another roo. Just a thought. :) I live in the country so i don't have to worry about my roos bothering people, but I could see it coming in handy for those of you that live in the city....

Have you heard of "Rooster collars"? I hadn't either until i came across their website. It's a collar you put on your roos to keep them from crowing. Maybe you could get one if you ever get another roo. Just a thought. :) I live in the country so i don't have to worry about my roos bothering people, but I could see it coming in handy for those of you that live in the city....

Someone posted that the rooster collar is nothing more than a strip of self adhering velcro easily home-made out of a roll of purchased fabric velcro rather than paying a higher price for the pre-made collar. The trick about the "simple" collar is to experiment adjusting it tighter/looser and higher/lower on the rooster's neck until the desired result is achieved. The collar has to be used daily starting with a loose fit and gradually tightening/adjusting it each day until you're happy with the results. The collar doesn't stop the crowing but sort of muffles the sound. Some people who have tried the collars said their roos kind of gave up trying to crow and got depressed and sadly stopped their cocky strutting. Don't know how well it works but I wouldn't recommend velcro around fluffy Silkie necks - those fluffy feathers stick like crazy on the velcro. I used some velcro on chicken diaper shoulder straps and had to remove it and use a large safety pin to hold the straps together because the fur kept sticking horribly to the velcro. As for the rooster collars I don't have roos and never had a need to try one but if someone really wants to keep their roo without bothering neighbors anything is worth a try.

BTW - your avatar is cute!

There is also a thread on BYC about rooster collars...
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/906916/no-crow-rooster-collar/90
infact there are a couple of threads you may want to read about them. Simply type the "no crow rooster collar" in the search box at the upper left of the BYC webpage -- BYC has threads on just about everything chicken-related that you can think of.
;O)

Back
Top Bottom