Cream Legbar Pictures

Pics
very exciting, these are the party favors / test hatch from the pair in your avatar?

The pullet is :D but the cockerel is from Jack and Jill (Rees)
Here is the cockerel from the avatar pair

The pullet is
big_smile.png
but the cockerel is from Jack and Jill (Rees)
Here is the cockerel from the avatar pair

The cockerels aren't markedly different in the pics; maybe the Rees is lighter?
Sorry if I missed your post here/elsewhere - what are the main differences that you are seeing between the two cockerels?
Do you also have pullets from the two different pairings to compare?

The cockerels aren't markedly different in the pics; maybe the Rees is lighter?
Sorry if I missed your post here/elsewhere - what are the main differences that you are seeing between the two cockerels?
Do you also have pullets from the two different pairings to compare?

No big differences in the boys yet, except the Rees boys are feathering in quicker.
Let's see, here is the full Blackbirds pullet and Rees pullet next to her.

No big differences in the boys yet, except the Rees boys are feathering in quicker.
Let's see, here is the full Blackbirds pullet and Rees pullet next to her.

I noticed the feather differences.
Conversely, is the Blackbirds pullet feathering in faster than the Rees pullet? Or it's just the view...

cute babies =) Does the Rees pullet have a darker crest area than the Blackbirds so far?

Last edited:
Hi, I'm new to this thread. I hatched Legbars on Halloween (4 from Chicken Fanatics) and Thanksgiving (2 from Papa Brooder), so my birds are 17 and 13 weeks old. We had a nice warm afternoon - finally over 40!), and the birds kept collapsing to sunbathe! I love it when they stick all their feathers up on end, too!

Cheers!

I noticed the feather differences.
Conversely, is the Blackbirds pullet feathering in faster than the Rees pullet?  Or it's just the view...

cute babies =)  Does the Rees pullet have a darker crest area than the Blackbirds so far?

Beautiful birds Fullofstitches!

Sol2go, I finally took some more pics this AM. The babies are 2 1/2 weeks old. I don't know on the cresting areas. The Rees is definitely darker than one of the BBs.
Rees/BB pullet

Full BB pullets

Last edited:
Beautiful birds Fullofstitches!

Sol2go, I finally took some more pics this AM. The babies are 2 1/2 weeks old. I don't know on the cresting areas. The Rees is definitely darker than one of the BBs.
Rees/BB pullet

Full BB pullets

thanks for the pics and the comparisons
very sweet chicks, aren't they all?!
I really like the color of the headstripe/crest area on the lower pullets.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom