Cream Legbar Pictures

Pics
thanks for the pics and the comparisons
very sweet chicks, aren't they all?!
I really like the color of the headstripe/crest area on the lower pullets.

I am totally biased, but I think CL chicks are the prettiest of all! I can't wait for these little ones to grow out! The boys are catching up feather wise too. Here are a few.

…and the CL boys are just as darling as the girls. @KPenley are all "little ones" so calm at your house? =)

Here's Miss Barn again (on the left)

and Mr. Paint, a future match for her (front, left)

as you can see, they have a lot in common =)
...the ability to stay focused - on food of course!

Last edited:
Beautiful birds sol2go. It will be exciting to see your birds' next generation too!
Let's see, the feathered variety of little ones are extremely calm in our house...the human ones, not so much ;)

Fantastic photos fullofstitches~  So very cute too to see your little one giving the pullet a ride.  

Beautiful birds Fullofstitches!

Thank you, both! My toddler's pullet is the gentlest, friendliest bird I've ever seen! My daughter gets behind her and to pick her up and off they go, chicken feet dangling. They had a rocky start (my little girl is actually terrified of animals), but they've come to love each other. The pullet, named "That One," just begs to be picked up and have a shoulder or hat ride!

Last edited:
Hi, I'm new to this thread. I hatched Legbars on Halloween (4 from Chicken Fanatics) and Thanksgiving (2 from Papa Brooder), so my birds are 17 and 13 weeks old. We had a nice warm afternoon - finally over 40!), and the birds kept collapsing to sunbathe! I love it when they stick all their feathers up on end, too!

Cheers!
These are very nice looking!

…and the CL boys are just as darling as the girls. @KPenley are all "little ones" so calm at your house? =)

Here's Miss Barn again (on the left)

and Mr. Paint, a future match for her (front, left)

as you can see, they have a lot in common =)
...the ability to stay focused - on food of course!
Love them! He is a handsome boy! I hope they produce some nice offspring for you. Be sure to share the results.

Thank you, both! My toddler's pullet is the gentlest, friendliest bird I've ever seen! My daughter gets behind her and to pick her up and off they go, chicken feet dangling. They had a rocky start (my little girl is actually terrified of animals), but they've come to love each other. The pullet, named "That One," just begs to be picked up and have a shoulder or hat ride!

So sweet, I'm glad your daughter is having a good experience =)

There are a few stories of families that rely on chickens as an aide for children with handicaps. I recently met a special ed teacher who hatches chicks for use in her classroom, as a vehicle to communicate behaviors. For example, the children sit quietly and hold a chick until it falls asleep as a tool to help them understand what it means to be calm or to be still.

Back
Top Bottom