Cream Legbar Pictures

Pics
I think Cream Legbar roos are the best daddies!!! Mine are so great with their young
love.gif

These are very nice looking!
Thank you! We think they're pretty!
So sweet, I'm glad your daughter is having a good experience =) There are a few stories of families that rely on chickens as an aide for children with handicaps. I recently met a special ed teacher who hatches chicks for use in her classroom, as a vehicle to communicate behaviors. For example, the children sit quietly and hold a chick until it falls asleep as a tool to help them understand what it means to be calm or to be still.
What a great visual, and tactile! The birds are so calm and gentle when handled from the beginning.
One of my dark crested girls all high and mighty on top of of the pens
That dark crest is amazing. My chooks are loving going outdoors and getting the little bit of sunshine we've had this week.

Last edited:
Hi, I'm new to this thread. I hatched Legbars on Halloween (4 from Chicken Fanatics) and Thanksgiving (2 from Papa Brooder), so my birds are 17 and 13 weeks old. We had a nice warm afternoon - finally over 40!), and the birds kept collapsing to sunbathe! I love it when they stick all their feathers up on end, too!

Cheers!
Oh my gosh Fullofstitches, I had to re-post and thank you for this, cuz its about the cutest thing I've seen
love.gif

And they say chickens can't fly...

I was trying to get a shot of her on top of the chicken coop, in the snow, and she took off just as I snapped the shot. Most of my Cream Legbar hens like to fly up to the top of the run and perch on top of the support beams. I have the runs covered in 4x4 wire field fence to keep flying predators out and they work their way up and wiggle through the wire squares. I saw one walk up the hardware cloth by digging her toes in the mesh and flapping her wings until she got to the larger openings--freedom! So very frustrating!

Ta daaa!

They have perfectly good coops or shelters to roost in but, no, they would rather play on top and roost in a tree. At night. When its snowing. When its 0 degrees outside. They will go in if its windy, though.

Last edited:

I was trying to get a shot of her on top of the chicken coop, in the snow, and she took off just as I snapped the shot. Most of my Cream Legbar hens like to fly up to the top of the run and perch on top of the support beams. I have the runs covered in 4x4 wire field fence to keep flying predators out and they work their way up and wiggle through the wire squares. I saw one walk up the hardware cloth by digging her toes in the mesh and flapping her wings until she got to the larger openings--freedom! So very frustrating!

Ta daaa!

They have perfectly good coops or shelters to roost in but, no, they would rather play on top and roost in a tree. At night. When its snowing. When its 0 degrees outside. They will go in if its windy, though.

This is exactly how some of my CL are.

They like the freedom of the wide open sky. Honestly I think they learned it from my Spitzhaubens who are little birds with big personalities and they don't like to be contained lol. It is very often that I am climbing trees to get chickens down at nighttime so owls wont eat them.

Ta daaa!

What an escape artist!! My CLs do seek out the highest place they can possibly find when it gets to be the end of the day---
hide.gif
I thought all chickens did that -- But your escape artists - there has to be some brain power under those fluffy crests doesn't there?

This is exactly how some of my CL are.

They like the freedom of the wide open sky. Honestly I think they learned it from my Spitzhaubens who are little birds with big personalities and they don't like to be contained lol. It is very often that I am climbing trees to get chickens down at nighttime so owls wont eat them.
cp - at least it keeps you spry - it sounds like...
wink.png

Ta daaa!

My experience has been that anything with Leghorn in the breed history seem to have more desire for freedom. Our White Leg would fly to the top of the coop or up on the handles of the abandoned wheelbarrow and we were always afraid she'd leave the yard. We took her down from the coop and she never flew up there again - smart girl. I understand Icelandics are another breed that you can't keep confined since they always find ways to go into places you don't want them in.

Back
Top Bottom