Cream Legbar Pictures

Pics
Thank you both!
smile.png

Each week he becomes more beautiful as his feathers fill in more. And since I sold my Appenzeller rooster, now Westley is able to make some headway with the hens. I have 3 CL pullets and 15 hens/pullets/chicks of other breeds. Most of them are too young, but he's been successful with a few of them.

Thank you both!
smile.png

Each week he becomes more beautiful as his feathers fill in more. And since I sold my Appenzeller rooster, now Westley is able to make some headway with the hens. I have 3 CL pullets and 15 hens/pullets/chicks of other breeds. Most of them are too young, but he's been successful with a few of them.

He is lovely. He seems to be showing many nice qualities, you must be happy. How old is he?

Do you have pics of the hens you are paring him with? His back looks a bit short (I cant really see the tail angle in the pics well). Try to pair him with a hen with a long back if possible.

Again pic angles are a little hard to tell, but to me his wing carriage is a tad low (for my personal taste, others may disagree). Maybe pair him with a hen with long back and high wing carriage.

LOVE his earlobes!

He is lovely. He seems to be showing many nice qualities, you must be happy. How old is he?

Do you have pics of the hens you are paring him with? His back looks a bit short (I cant really see the tail angle in the pics well). Try to pair him with a hen with a long back if possible.

Again pic angles are a little hard to tell, but to me his wing carriage is a tad low (for my personal taste, others may disagree). Maybe pair him with a hen with long back and high wing carriage.

LOVE his earlobes!
Thank you! Those are nice things to know. I'm not a breeder. I just wanted CLs for blue eggs, but the person I found selling chicks was only selling male female pairs. (So those first two are at least half and maybe full siblings.) Then knowing that I might not be able to keep a rooster here if he gets too loud and my neighbors complain, I was able to procure a couple extra non-related females so that I can sell him with a mate or two if that day ever comes.

But I will take a look at the features you mention and see which of my three pullets will compliment him the best, and then if I do sell him, I will include that female with him. (Or if I succumb to the bug and hatch out any eggs myself- I have a pretty good guess I won't be able to resist forever.) I have already gone over in my mind what kinds of "easter leggers" my other hens can make with him.
wink.png

Next time I am out with my camera, I will try to get shots that show back length and wing carriage. And one of the pullets is only 10 weeks old, so I'll have to wait a while I think to see how she turns out.

My older two CL pullets are getting quite red in the face at only 17 weeks. Do you think I might get eggs earlier than I anticipated?

LOVE his earlobes!
oops forgot. He is 17 weeks old. Yes, thank you, I've seen on the various CL threads that some of the things you all are looking for, Westley has. It's kind of too bad he's not in the hands of a real breeder. Racinchickens did express interest that if I can't keep him, I should let him know. So if I can't do justice by Westley, there is hope for him to be useful to a more serious breeder.

Back
Top Bottom