Cream Legbar Pictures

Pics
20 weeks.
They are getting close! It is said that CL start at about 24weeks as an average.

I have seven 21week old pullets and they are getting very red in the face and combs and wattle have grown large, some look more ready than others.

I hope you post back once they are laying :)

I recently acquired five crested cream legbar pullets and one young male. Here's a couple of pics at about seven weeks old

Here is Charlotte Elizabeth Diana today. She is 17 weeks and 3 pounds. One thing showing up this year -- is real definite barring on the female's tails.

If you look closely in this photo both females in the 'show team' - have grown their crests combs so big that they truly interfere with forward vision. I wonder if our extreme heat had something to do with the growth - since they can diffuse some heat through the comb right?

Here is 9-week old Dumbledore...his face is just starting to get red. He looks a lot like Essdub's cockerel.

ETA wrote Crests above and meant Combs... I really need females with small combs.....I think the heat makes them grow huger combs than the look good wearing.

Last edited:

These are my 4 CLB chicks that hatched this last week, the last eggs was a dud and I lost one chick during hatch as she'd not formed properly. There are another 9 eggs in the incubator. The other guys in the picture are my Maran chicks who are a week older than the CLB.

These are my 4 CLB chicks that hatched this last week, the last eggs was a dud and I lost one chick during hatch as she'd not formed properly. There are another 9 eggs in the incubator. The other guys in the picture are my Maran chicks who are a week older than the CLB.
What lovely babies!!!!!
clap.gif

- Ant Farm

Back
Top Bottom