Cream Legbar Roo over Barred Rock or Delaware hen. Will all be barred?

I hate plucking

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 11, 2012
Good Morning

We have a young Crested Cream Legbar roo and some Barred Rock hens and Delaware hens. I know they won't be autosexing (at least I don't expect that).
If I breed these will roos and hens be barred? I'm looking for Barred EEs.

Thanks
IHP

Everything from those birds will be barred, yes. All three breeds should be barred, therefore their offspring will be too. Sounds like a fun project; good luck.

Good Morning

We have a young Crested Cream Legbar roo and some Barred Rock hens and Delaware hens. I know they won't be autosexing (at least I don't expect that).
If I breed these will roos and hens be barred? I'm looking for Barred EEs.

Thanks
IHP
hey. I am raising cream legbars as my laying chickens is a sole barred rock. I was wondering what the offspring of the cream legbars and barred rock would look like. would you mind showing what the offspring would look like and i would guess that the feamles lay blue/green eggs as the father would be the cream legbar.

Here are 7-week-old chicks from a Cream Legbar Rooster over Dominique hen. They are how I found out my Dominique hen was carrying a single comb gene. Probably look similar to a Legbar x Barred Rock...

Cockerel
DomBar_cockerel_7weeks.png

Pullet
Cookie_7weeks.png

I sold the above pair, but kept the 2 rose combed pullets. They hatched from pink tinted eggs with heavy bloom.
hatchingeggs.png

They should start laying around April/May timeframe. If you want to see what shade of green they lay, you can follow this thread where I will post updates
need-someone-who-can-read-barred-head-spots-like-tea-leaves-cream-legbar-x-dominque-chicks

Back
Top Bottom