Cream legbar x ayam cemani

peafowl_Lover

Songster
Aug 22, 2023
Ireland
So I have 3 young cream legbar roosters if I cross 1 to ayam cemani hens will their chicks lay blue eggs? I read in another thread that ayam cemani rooster x cream legbar produces blue egg layers. I would like a bird that lays blue eggs but my cream legbars turned out to be all roosters:barnie

So I have 3 young cream legbar roosters if I cross 1 to ayam cemani hens will their chicks lay blue eggs? I read in another thread that ayam cemani rooster x cream legbar produces blue egg layers. I would like a bird that lays blue eggs but my cream legbars turned out to be all roosters:barnie
Yes, that should produce daughters that lay blue eggs (or possibly green eggs.)

Speaking of Ayam Cemanis

The parents of this pullet (2-3 months) are both standard feathered Ayam cemanis. However, she developed leg feathers. Does other variants of Ayam cemani (bottle brush, walik, frizzle) have this characteristics?

Merry Christmas to all!!!!

Attachments

• 1703576947292.jpeg
    1703576947292.jpeg
    394.9 KB · Views: 18
I read somewhere that the blue egg gene is dominant and therefore any female offspring from a Cream Legbar rooster lays blue/green eggs. All Harvey's (CL rooster) daughters are laying blue/green eggs (the egg on the left is just for comparison), which is great because I can breed again knowing which eggs are not related to dad 😀

Attachments

• Blue eggS.jpg
    Blue eggS.jpg
    604.2 KB · Views: 12

Back
Top Bottom