Crele?

Quote:
Not golden cuckoo which I believe is barring on a black copper. I will have to read the standard to make sure or see a picture of a bird that meets the standard. From your description, the chick should be wheaten and barred.

The bird would be a marbar; a type of autosexing variety.

Tim

Quote:
What was the answer to this? Sorry, there are just too many different terms in here. I want to know if I can mate my barred OEG roo with my brown red hens to eventually get crele.

Last edited:
Quote:
What was the answer to this? Sorry, there are just too many different terms in here. I want to know if I can mate my barred OEG roo with my brown red hens to eventually get crele.

if you want something that looks kind of crele, then yes. but if you're after the correct color of crele for an oeg than you need barred and b.b. red

Ok, I see, so which one do I have? Is this a brown red? He is quite young yet.
Oegunknown.jpg

Oegunknown2.jpg

Note that coloured wing triangle in the first photo? That indicates a duckwing pattern, which is carried by BBR (e+/e+). wheaten (e^Wh/e^Wh) and I think brown (e^b/e^b).

Birchen are crow winged and do not have the wing triangle. They also have lacing on their breasts. Brown red is a gold birchen. Genetically that is E^R/E^R s+/s+

He is not brown red. He is either BBR, wheaten or possibly brown. I am not good at distinguishing the subtle differences in the males--there are significant differences in the female plumage.

Oh I see. I tried to look them up but I could not see the difference that is why I asked. That is one of the females in the second picture but I probably need a better picture of her. Well, I see there is also one of the females in the back of the first picture in front of the white bird.
Now I have two other hens that I was told were brown red as well(from a different source) but they have black bodies and just a bit of red on the neck. I should have probably started a new thread for all this.

looks like he's a b.b. red to me. b.b. red is shortened for black breasted red and as pointed out he has colored flight feathers in the wing. in really strongly colored wheaton males the way to tell is that stripe of black seperating the shoulder and the flights will glimmer green whilst the b.b. red will be blue. "duckwing" is a term that came about because of this blue stripe as it is similar to the blue feathers found on the wing of some wild ducks. black breasted reds are the red version of the silver duckwing.

Back
Top Bottom