Crop empty, chicken can't swallow food

Thank you for the update on Nancy, and good to hear that she has improved. I know that others use certain antibiotics in combination with metronidazole, but your vet would be the best judge on what to use. I would make sure that she is getting probiotics to get her digestive system and gut bacteria back to normal. Keep up the good work.

GREAT NEWS! Nancy is fully recovered :D We had to crop feed her in the end because she was not able to eat enough to gain weight. Good thing one of our neighbours has had chickens for decades so he was able to help. Nancy is actually not my chicken, I have just been helping my landlord look after her and the others so I was learning on the spot. She is now well and luckily the other chickens did not get infected with canker, we have been watching them closely for a bit. Again, thank you all for your help and support. It is so appreciated and Nancy says thank you too :)

GREAT NEWS! Nancy is fully recovered :D We had to crop feed her in the end because she was not able to eat enough to gain weight. Good thing one of our neighbours has had chickens for decades so he was able to help. Nancy is actually not my chicken, I have just been helping my landlord look after her and the others so I was learning on the spot. She is now well and luckily the other chickens did not get infected with canker, we have been watching them closely for a bit. Again, thank you all for your help and support. It is so appreciated and Nancy says thank you too :)
This is wonderful news!:celebrate

Do you have any photos of Nancy you would like to share? Oh, I don't know...I think she belongs to you!;) You have done a wonderful job taking care of her and I'm so happy to hear that she's made a full recovery!

Back
Top Bottom