Cross Breeding, Very diverse flock

Thank you so much!! Very helpful going to read up on the link you sent. Genetics are very fun to learn and see the outcomes for yourself. Looking to add a couple Anconas to the folk. But that’s going to be another thread asking for some advice on their coloring specifically. We have very diverse folk and I love having the different breeds and colors. We really don’t want to hatch our ducklings but have seen such amazing crosses that it definitely has us thinking about it
Hello my Drake is a pure Buff..i breed to mostly Pure buffs, but i have a smaller rescue black mixed swedish duck. With the buff she always has LARGE drakes (10pound range) hatch while my Cayugas mixed with buff drake can produce mixed colors. Not good at this but ill try and post pictures from june hatch..I do harvest the meat and these large drakes bring a premium price..
20220117_100409.jpg

Hello my Drake is a pure Buff..i breed to mostly Pure buffs, but i have a smaller rescue black mixed swedish duck. With the buff she always has LARGE drakes (10pound range) hatch while my Cayugas mixed with buff drake can produce mixed colors. Not good at this but ill try and post pictures from june hatch..I do harvest the meat and these large drakes bring a premium price..View attachment 2976669
Thanks for the info!!

We currently have
Drakes-
Khaki Campbell
2 Blue Swedish
Welsh harlequin

Hens-
Silver swedish
Black Swedish
Cayuga
Welsh harlequin
2 blue runners
Fawn and white runner
Buff
Saxony
Golden 300
Silver appleyard
Rouen

We have a very mixed flock, I was curious if I could get any insight on what offspring would look like.

For example our runners, if breed to our khaki could we end up with a khaki colors runner or if breed with our welsh Harley would we end up with a welsh harlequin with a runners stance?

Then the Swedish specially. We only have blue males but when they mate with either the silver or black could we end up with a duckling with both the drake and hens colors or will the off spring be solid color?

I know genetics aren’t cut and dry and can vary but just looking for basic info.

Thanks !!!
Im a mixed ducky family mommy too. Do you have pictures .

I have Perkins
Golden 300
Khakis
Fawn Indian runner
Blue Indian runner
Chocolate Indian runner
Grey Indian runners
Mallard
Black swedish

Im hatching in 21 days keeping my fingers crossed

Back
Top Bottom