Cross Breeds!!!!

Pics
Just lost my sweetest chicken today to an unknown predator while I was away at Easter gatherings. Neighbor said there was all sorts of white feathers by their house, and she is missing. She was the sweetest Amber Link and my two year old niece was able to catch her and snuggle her. I have my incubator going with a failed batch of duck eggs, so I'll probably todd them out tomorrow and maybe I'll put her eggs in there to hopefully get a chicken as nice as her! Daddy is a sweetheart, too. Almost as nice as her! That would be an Amber Link/Speckled Sussex cross. :)

I have had this hen since the summer and it is a cross breed. I would really like to know what she was crossed with because we know the rooster was a Spanish type but we don't know about the type of hen. Is there a special way you can tell or do you guys know?

Easter Eggers lay green eggs among other colors. The one you call gray is actually a blue. A hen will only lay one color of egg her entire life.

Last edited:
Not a good pic but here are some mutt chicks i will be getting. Not a clue on what there mixed with LOL. I figured it would be fun to watch them grow up LOL The whitish one on the right looks interesting .Hopeing its a hen Looks like most will have barred rock and EE markings. IDK Cant wait to pick up Sat

I can't wait to meet my chicken mutts! I have 28 of them in the incubator, and I quickly candled a few last night, and I think most of them are fertile! Yay!

Dad is a Speckled Sussex, and the hens are Leghorn, Golden & Silver Wyandottes, Buff Orps, RIR, Barred Rock, Australorp, EE, and more! Eeeeks!

Commenting so I can see more! I fully intend to let my broodies hatch eggs for me later. We're getting some chickens later this week. I've already seen some examples of crosses I might get. We're hoping to get a barred rock roo, and barred rock, buff Orpington and Australorp hens. Going to add some others later.
Everyone's pictures are awesome! Great looking birds. :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom