Cross Breeds!!!!

Pics
This hen (silkie cochin cross) had an accidental run in with a buff orp rooster

And gave us this equally broody hen:

Who mated with a Wyandotte and produced this rooster:

I crossed a Silver Barred Naked Neck ( basically a Black Sex Link) rooster ( his daddy was a Salmon Naked Neck with a Barred Crossbred hen and got him), to a Black Crossbred hen ( she is 1/2 Black Jersey Giant 1/4 Easter Egger and 1/4 Production Red).

Here are 4 of 5 that turned out to be NN, there are another 8 that didn't inherit the naked necks so they didn't get there picture made.

All turned out to be black on the NN ones except the one.

Last edited:
I was told the necked neck is a dominant gene so your more then likely to get them if it's a roo

I think it is an incomplete dominant. It all depends on the now size or lack of a bowtie.

It doesn't matter if it is a hen or rooster. Mine have big bow ties so about 1/4 of their offspring bred to naked neck hens with big bow ties. If bred to little ( I'm talking a feather or three) should all be naked necked. When bred to a non naked neck ( fully feathered) it results in about 1/2 the offspring being naked necked and half being fully feathered.

I was told the necked neck is a dominant gene so your more then likely to get them if it's a roo

I think it is an incomplete dominant. It all depends on the now size or lack of a bowtie.

It doesn't matter if it is a hen or rooster. Mine have big bow ties so about 1/4 of their offspring bred to naked neck hens with big bow ties. If bred to little ( I'm talking a feather or three) should all be naked necked. When bred to a non naked neck ( fully feathered) it results in about 1/2 the offspring being naked necked and half being fully feathered.
I saw this chart on Facebook (it doesn't just have to be with silkies its any naked neck chicken)

I asked the hatchery about that recently when I ordered a legbar pullet, and they said they believe the legbar would breed true for at least one generation. After that they were unsure.
I know that other sexlinks do not breed true and the next generation will not be apparent at hatch.
CCL are auto sexing. They are purebreds as opposed to sex links which are hybrids. CCL will breed true for generations.

Back
Top Bottom