Cross Breeds!!!!

Pics
She is very pretty
Thank you!
smile.png

-Alex

I have quiet a few.

They are all from last year. All I have are baby pictures though... Anyways, here goes...

First time momma hen with her first five chicks. All turned out to be girls too!

Judith

Rosy

Margey

Shadow

Spring

Judith is from a California white hen and a RIR rooster. Rosy is from a RIR hen and a RIR rooster. Margey is from one of my EE banty hens and A RIR rooster. Shadow is from my BSL hen and my RIR rooster. And spring is from my white cochin banty hen and my RIR rooster. They were 9 days old.

Older pictures of Judith and Spring

Judith

Spring

They were about a month there I believe, maybe older.

That's a baby picture of my golden laced Wyandotte hen crossed with a RIR rooster cockerel. He was 3 days old there. His name is pippin.

He was a little over a week here.

His sister Merry. She was a week old as well. She was a California white crossed with a RIR rooster.

There's pippin at around 13 weeks taking a 'selfie' lol

And there's merry at 6 and a half months old being a daredevil and making me tear my hair out! There are raccoons up there! She just layed her 'first' egg(that I know of) today I think. So yeah...

gorgeous birds

here are my cross breeds. hatched in June. they are Japanese Bantam/gold laced Sebright mixes.
this is them with their mother a couple of days after hatching.

here are more current pics. out of ten only these five survived to see their first winter and snow.
this is Cloud, the Runt.

Here is Blossom. second smallest and has the prettiest colors.

this is Clover, the biggest and most like her mother in every aspect but color.

here is Frost the biggest rooster. he was the first to start crowing at about 20 weeks.

and here is Ice the other rooster, who is just barely starting to crow.

this is Snowy. he's a pure Japanese Bantam, but of mixed color.

Squirt- EE/cochin

Story-
When she was just 3 weeks old mama decided she had enough of the chick raising business so she ditched her. She then became my pocket pet, slept wrapped in her fleece blanky in my bed for the next 3 weeks...
10663_img_9316.jpg

Angel- EE serama cross
10663_img_9222.jpg

Dumplin and Grace (sisters)- Light brahma father, red frizzle cochin bantam mother
10663_img_9011.jpg

Shadow- EE/cochin
10663_img_8952.jpg

Squeaky- Japanese/cochin
10663_img_8949.jpg
i have a blue and red Cochin i named Shadow. this is him.

Ooo! I have to add one... So far, she is the only one of thes that I have hatched, but I fully intend to do more this spring! YAY!! She is a Golden Comet (sexlink) X Buff Orpington. Nobody will believe me, but I have documented proof, that she only took 8 WEEKS FROM HATCHING TO LAYING! AMAZING! Here are some pics:

Her dad, Remington:
40114_hpim4733.jpg

Her mom, Eunice (aka Mamma chicken) and her... Excuse the baldness, she got into a fight over her baby... Hence the cage:
40114_hpim4640.jpg

Winnie (Winchester):
40114_winnie_as_chick.jpg

40114_hpim4954.jpg

40114_hpim5458.jpg

40114_hpim5453.jpg
you're lucky. one of my chicks got killed because the mother was trying to protect it. it got trampled.

All chicks in these pictures are from White Leghorn or California White hens. All are as wild a March hare. Some are sired by a Wrlsummer rooster and some don't really know because multiple rooster and breed were all running together.

These 4 ( there wee give bit one jumped board while trying to get picture) are 1 by a Welsummer rooster out of a black hen that was by a Red Sexlink rooster out of a hen that was a BSL x BSL hen. The others don't really know what they are from except crossed breeds. There are two that turned out blue and one of them is going to be barred. Hum, Blue Barred Naked Necks. Another project.

Finally all the Naked Necks. There are 9. At least 4 are out of 1/2 Easter Egger and 1/2 Naked Neck ( didn't inherit the NN gene, look like EE's). Mall chicks got the NN gene though.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom