Cross Breeds!!!!

Tomorrow 28 eggs from my flock (see below) are being set. I donated them to a kindergarten class and my coworker is adopting them after they hatch. I can't wait to see them!

ETA: the Blue Andalusian and one of the BLRW are roos, so every other breed will be mixed with one of them. And yes, I sat down with the color genetics calculator and a math calculator and figured out all the likely color patterns and the probability of each.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dark Hatch-Grey
PTDC0053-1.jpg

PTDC0058.jpg

DSC_0292.jpg

These are 4 siblings and the mama (far right). They are all at least mixed with our RIR, and their father was either an Araucana or an Araucana/RIR mix. The roo is the nicest we have ever had (plus no spurs!) and the hens all lay extra large brown eggs

Last edited:
Squirt- EE/cochin

Story-
When she was just 3 weeks old mama decided she had enough of the chick raising business so she ditched her. She then became my pocket pet, slept wrapped in her fleece blanky in my bed for the next 3 weeks...
10663_img_9316.jpg

Angel- EE serama cross
10663_img_9222.jpg

Dumplin and Grace (sisters)- Light brahma father, red frizzle cochin bantam mother
10663_img_9011.jpg

Shadow- EE/cochin
10663_img_8952.jpg

Squeaky- Japanese/cochin
10663_img_8949.jpg

Ooo! I have to add one... So far, she is the only one of thes that I have hatched, but I fully intend to do more this spring! YAY!! She is a Golden Comet (sexlink) X Buff Orpington. Nobody will believe me, but I have documented proof, that she only took 8 WEEKS FROM HATCHING TO LAYING! AMAZING! Here are some pics:

Her dad, Remington:
40114_hpim4733.jpg

Her mom, Eunice (aka Mamma chicken) and her... Excuse the baldness, she got into a fight over her baby... Hence the cage:
40114_hpim4640.jpg

Winnie (Winchester):
40114_winnie_as_chick.jpg

40114_hpim4954.jpg

40114_hpim5458.jpg

40114_hpim5453.jpg

Back
Top Bottom