Cross link babies

Hi welcome to BYC! :frow

Pretty sure the answer is no. But you could cross him to a barred rock (or any barred breed) and get sex linked offspring. Maybe even a Delaware. And several others.

Here is a fun calculator. It doesn't account for leakage and you have to figure out what the little symbols behind some things means (ie: split to or recessive for), but it can be a hugely fun toy... and save LOTS of time spent breeding to figure stuff out :D...
http://kippenjungle.nl/Overzicht.htm#kipcalculator

When I just chose white as the hen color it shows all offspring will be basically red in your suggested pairing. I do not know if Leghorn are dominant white or regular white. If I chose dominant white then it says all offspring will be white.. so knowing which one your hen is can make a difference. In case you didn't find it, the second drop down tab is in English.

Happy chickeneering! :wee

If I cross a Red leghorn rooster with a White leghorn hen will I get sexlink babies?
Yes you will, gold based females and Silver males(S/s+).. But you will not be able to tell them apart as all of them will hatch white and so while they are technically sex linked, Dominant white and Extended Black/Birchen on the White Leghorn will mask any of the sex linked traits.

Ya I wouldn't call them sex linked since you won't be able to tell sex at hatch. In fact you'll be able to sex them by combs before you'll be able to by color.

Back
Top Bottom