Crossbreeding question

Mumpy

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 14, 2014
I am going to venture into a crossbreed of a Mexican Speckled Quail and a Californian Quail. Just because, no other motive, just cuz.

Now, my question regarding the crossbreeding. Which should be the roo?

From what I've read, the offspring will be sterile, correct?

Lastly... Is it possible?

Last edited:
"I am going to venture into a crossbreed of a Mexican Speckled Quail and a Californian Quail. Just because, no other motive, just cuz.

Now, my question regarding the crossbreeding. Which should be the roo?

From what I've read, the offspring will be sterile, correct?

Lastly... Is it possible?"

This one of the ways Pheasant blood lines got so jacked up..... Just cuz.... Can they breed and produce offspring? Yes I'v seen It. Can the offspring reproduce? I have never known anyone irresponsible enough to try! Should you walk this path "Just cuz"? Well I guess that's a question that can only be answered by your personal beliefs in right and wrong.....

IMHO The bob will likely kill the cali right off.

Last edited:
Fat Daddy is right, the bob will probably kill the cali. Unless you are able to raise both together so they don't realize they are different species, then they will realize they are different species.

Guys, thank you for your replies. An update on this, I've decided to not peruse this crossbreeding, I am excited about the Mexican Speckled and the CVQ babies I'll have coming in a few weeks though.

FYI... to shed some light on the Bob killing the Calli's. That isn't the case. We currently have Bobwhite Quail, California Valley Quail and Pharaoh quail living happily together.

Back
Top Bottom