Crossed over from lurker to member

BW56

Songster
5 Years
Oct 6, 2016
Phoenix Az.
I've been reading the information for a while on here. Might as well say hello. My name is Bob, and I MAY have a chicken problem. I got five free lovely ladies 2 B Rocks, 1 RIR, 1 Buff Orfington and a Buff Silkie.The grand kids love them and finding eggs. Even my wife has learned to love them. After a year and a half I got some fertle Lemon Cuckoo Niederrheiner eggs to make the Silkie a happy mom. Although it appears only one of seven eggs hatched, she is showing herself to be an excellent mother. Its been four days since the first chick hatched. Can I expect any more to hatch? She still sits on them while showing her chick how to be a chicken. Things she has never done before. Thanks and I loved the thread on mushrooms.I'll be following that one also. BW56. My initials and my sons race car number from when we raced.

Greetings from Kansas, Bob, and :welcome! Congrats on your move from lurker to member! Happy you are enjoying your chickens. I terms of your questions, I think more info is needed. For instance, how long has she sitting on the eggs? You might post that and other hatching inquires here https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/5/incubating-hatching-eggs The folks in that forum really know their stuff. Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC! :)

Hi and
welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined the flock! My Buff Silkie is also broody but with no eggs. (I am not trusting her with any eggs until next spring
tongue.png
) @redsoxs gave you some great advice so I'll just say glad you joined us and have a wonderful time on here! Enjoy!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom