Crossing Chicken breeds

DaKid

Songster
11 Years
Aug 31, 2008
Berkley , Ma.
A cross between a Rhode Island Red male and silver factor White Rock female produces brown sex-link chicks. The chicks can be separated by sex at the time of hatching since the females are primarily red and the males are primarily white.

So my question is this ,is it only the white rock hens that carry the silver factor gene or would the male/roo white rock also carry the gene ,
I really was wondering if I reverse the above and use RI Red hen and use a White Rock Roo , would the chicks be-
female are primarily white and the males be primarily red.

Thanks Chris09 and I just found out another question I was going to post about some chickens I purchase from Mc Murray last year they where purchase as White Lace Red Cornish but they look to be ISA browns the males are the same as this male picture here in Originally Posted by cmom

I ended up with 8 Roo's guess that what they are selling there WL Red Cornish as boy I got Slapped in the face

The birds in your last post are Red Sex-Links, I don't believe that Mc Murray is legal dealer of ISA Brown.

Brown Sex Links are one of a number of labels under which some hatcheries (Ideal Poultry for example) market certain Red Sex Link crosses. Your Red Sex Links from Murray McMurray are marketed under the label "Red Star" and are likely the offspring of hatchery quality RIR roosters X Delaware hens.

the picture I posted is not mine it from a post Originally Posted by cmom in another thread but that male in the pic. looks just like my roo's from Murray's and the sold me them as White lace red Cornish .......Now if ur saying that there are Red Sex-Links , I did a search in the web and I seen them also posted as ISA Chickens ..........the whole thing is I order 8 White lace red Cornish and I got a chicken that is now looking like this only my guys have big large yellow legs and feet like a Cornish meat bird but they are as big & tall as a black jersey giant chicken .

This week end I will have to go and get a few pictures of a few of my Whatever Chickens , but there just like this one some have coloring on the wings others are more white/cream color .

I sure would like to know what I got from them but I know they sure are not White Lace Red Cornish as I ordered and paid for .......

Back
Top Bottom