Crossroads attendees! Poll: Please read

Are you interested in an Official After-show Meet & Greet?

• Yes, and I would buy a ticket

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but only if it's free

• Do you require dinner?

• Not interested

• Would you buy a ticket if dinner were included?

• Total voters

mame1616

Songster
11 Years
Jan 30, 2008
Middletown, NJ
So, you know how sometimes it's really hard to meet everyone you want to at a show because you're buying birds or shopping or eating or at a club meeting or whatever? And, the bigger the show, the harder it is? I wrote to the "Powers that Be" here about this and they asked me to pose this question to you all:

Would you be interested in a BYC.com sponsored "Official" Meet & Greet in one of the host hotel's meeting rooms after the show hall closes?

Would you be willing to buy a reasonably-priced ticket for such an event?

Depending on the level of interest, there may be food involved, because people will be hungry after the show. Given that this will be the largest show that probably any of us have been to, the opportunity to meet the people you have been corresponding with all over the country for years is really too good to pass up. Imagine if they were all in one room! No searching, no hoping they hear your phone call over the cocks crowing, no hoping that they changed the outfit they said they were going to wear. A captive audience for all of us. Such an event might have saved me a good couple of hours at the Ohio National wandering around haunting cages and stalking people. It would be like a grand reunion, only for a lot of us, it will be the first time we'll get to meet face-to-face!

So, whaddya say? The folks "in charge" want to know from you if there is any interest before they investigate the possibilities. Please say yes, and invite your friends to do so as well.

See you in Indianapolis!
celebrate.gif

Quote:
Both nights? I can't find out when the dinner is - do you know? Tried the ABA site also - no info. Thanks for the heads up!

I think your poll should have another question: Would you buy a ticket if dinner were involved?

I certainly would consider paying for my meal, but paying to just go and talk to people? Maybe a couple bucks, but I can contact the people I really want to meet and meet them at the show for free...

Quote:
Good point, but I don't know how to fix it now. I hit "submit" by mistake last night before I was done and had to start over. I don't know if there will be food involved - I just suggested this idea the those in charge and they suggested I post it here. Thanks!

BYC most definitely needs a large booth. Would be nice if a local furniture store (Rent-a-center etc) could "loan" some chairs and sofas for more comfort. A centrally located meet and greet booth would be nice. All of the BYC banners could be used so we could see it from all directions. At Shawnee the host hotel offered a free meeting room to any club that requested it. So it is possible the host hotel at Crossroads may offer the same. There may also be some low cost or free meeting rooms at the showgrounds. Nifty needs to check with the Wulffs at Poultry Press. It is their local club that is sponsoring the show.

Some of us will be watching our total cost. We will be bringing at least three of FIVE children. The APA banquet will be costly. Plus meals all weekend. After the show, most will be rushing out the door for home. A Noon event may be better. It would definitely need to be coordinated with the Crossroads officials so that there is no conflicts in scheduling.

Will Nifty be attending? That may be a factor. Many would want to meet him and take photos with him. Would there be a BYC store? The local club may also have a raffle. Breed clubs often have raffles. Crossroads may consider a barter. Several GFM memberships donated to their raffle in exchange for booth space. Would not hurt to check it out.

Quote:
I can edit it, just send me a PM with the specifics you want added / changed.

Quote:
th.gif

Now there's reason for me NOT to go!
wink.png

I won't know until we get closer if I'll be able to make it out, but I think I'd definitely like to go!

Quote:
I can edit it, just send me a PM with the specifics you want added / changed.

Quote:
th.gif

Now there's reason for me NOT to go!
wink.png

I won't know until we get closer if I'll be able to make it out, but I think I'd definitely like to go!

yuckyuck.gif

Hi - just trying to bring this thread back into sight. Please tell others you know are attending to come and vote! Thanks all!

Back
Top Bottom