Crud in eggs

wayne hulgan

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 24, 2011
We have 2 chicks, a Red Star, and a Golden Comet. About 2 weeks ago they both came down with something. They acted like they wanted to lay an egg but couldn't. (Egg Bound?) At the same time, I had started trying to get them started on nipple waterers. While checking on the sick chicks, I checked the nipples to see if they were putting out enough water. one of the other chicks started drinking the water dripping from my finger when I tripped the nipple. she acted like she was just dieing of thirst, she just kept gobbling the water. then some of the others started doing the same. well I filled up the regular water bowl and they all started to drink. The next day, both the sick chicks were acting normal, but no eggs. 2 weeks later, they are fine, acting like normal. we have only gotten 3 eggs from these 2 chicks in the 2 weeks, (OBW, they are both 2 years old) We threw out all 3 eggs, they had something that looked like pieces of tea leaves in each. Anyone got any ideal what this could be, and what could have been wrong with my chicks? We have 6 chicks in our flock, the 2 red one and 4 white leghorns. If we get any more of the funny eggs, I will post a pic.

Back
Top Bottom