cuckoo maran and EE sexing

chickydoos

Chirping
6 Years
May 2, 2013
missouri
Just bought cuckoo maran and EE. Lady said cuckoo maran is about 5 months old. And EE is about 3 months. I know pullets will begin to get a red comb when they are about to lay. In the pic my cuckoo marans comb looks more red. But its actually a pale pink color. Pullet or cockerel. Wondering about this EE as well. Looks pale colored comb.

EE chick about 3 months

Last edited:
They seem a little small to be those ages. On the genders: the EE chick looks like its a pullet and the Maran, if it's older than the EE, looks to also be a pullet.

I agree--I think they look younger. If the Marans is a cockerel and as old as you say there should be pointy hackle feathers. I can't tell from the photos if there are or not. It seems a bit on the light side, so I would look real close for the pointy feathers.

The EE looks like a pullet, but has feather legs--maybe you lucked out and will have an Olive Egger! Is she ill? Her eyes look a little funky, but that could just be a weird photo.

Last edited:
I don't see any pointy feathers on her so I I believe she is a pullet from what you guys are saying. The ee does have a little cold when I first bought her 2 days ago I did not notice that she had this what is the best way to treat her? And I really do hope that she is an olive egger.I would love to have an olive egger!! does she really look like one??!!

Back
Top Bottom