Cuckoo Marans in Canada?

I know this is old but for the love of God do not buy ANYTHING from DC! These people were charged publicly for having a puppy mill animals were in horrible shape and if you dig into DC heritage poultry you will read horror stories upon horror stories from customers!

AGREED!! Unscrupulous and practicing animal cruelty based on so many sick chicken posts. For me, I ordered 24 Fertilized Jubilee Orpington eggs - ZERO fertility rate - then when I brought this to their attention, they emailed and admitted to using an old rooster with a low fertility rate. ZERO! They replaced eggs with only 16 Jubilee, 2 lavender and 6 chocolate laced Orpington eggs - 20 were unfertilized again and 3 were clearly NOT Orpingtons at all, 2 may be Legbar, 1 is unknown, they admitted putting random egg in by mistake and the other chick, who knows what it is. $12 an egg. Plus knowing they sent unfertilized eggs, they still charged me an additional $72 for shipping. Looks like they switched from a puppy mill to a chicken mill! Anyone having this experience should also report them to the Quebec Government site for ensuring animal safety and welfare. quebec.ca/en/agriculture-environment-and-natural-resources/animal-health/ensuring-animal-safety-welfare
There is an online form for reports or you can call 1-844-264-6289

DC heritage poultry in Quebec has Cuckoo Marans. You could reach out to them and see what they say; I’m not sure about their egg colours but it’s a place to start. Link below! :)

http://www.dcheritagepoultry.com/
DO NOT order from this breeder!! Unscrupulous and practicing animal cruelty based on so many sick chicken posts. For me, I ordered 24 Fertilized Jubilee Orpington eggs - ZERO fertility rate - then when I brought this to their attention, they emailed and admitted to using an old rooster with a low fertility rate. ZERO! They replaced eggs with only 16 Jubilee, 2 lavender and 6 chocolate laced Orpington eggs - 20 were unfertilized again and 3 were clearly NOT Orpingtons at all, 2 may be Legbar, 1 is unknown, they admitted putting random egg in by mistake and the other chick, who knows what it is. $12 an egg. Plus knowing they sent unfertilized eggs, they still charged me an additional $72 for shipping. Looks like they switched from a puppy mill to a chicken mill! Anyone having terrible experiences with them should also report them to the Quebec Government site for ensuring animal safety and welfare. quebec.ca/en/agriculture-environment-and-natural-resources/animal-health/ensuring-animal-safety-welfare
There is an online form for reports or you can call 1-844-264-6289

Back
Top Bottom