Cuckoo Silkies- Updated Pics Page 4

I only have a pen with a limited number for the Cuckoos, all my hens are broody now and I have them sitting on other eggs. I think my last cuckoo eggs that I set before they went broody are hatching now. I am also working on some Crele/Barred Partridge silkies...but I am only using one really red partridge hen with my cuckoo roo..I want to do a test mating..but she is broody too. I may have some started birds in the fall and may have eggs available later on.

Quote:
seems to happen a bit, I bred 1 this year + 1 partrtidge as well.... hoping to have a pair to breed together...

DSCF5916.jpg

Hey Steve

Do you have any updated pictures of your cuckoo silkies?

Would love to see how they are progressing. They make me want to give up an arm to have a big farm!

We are over run with lavender, black and buff silkies at the moment... otherwise... sigh.

They are just so pretty. At least I know where to go for beauties when we have more room!

Hi Happy Chicken Mama,

You know I was just thinking the other day I needed to get some updated pictures of the cuckoos. They have grown quite a bit and are beautiful. I will try to get some new pics of them so everyone can see them.

Are you getting dark combs and wattles ? I have 2 hens an a Roo That I bought as young chicks from a friend , and they are very bright red combs and my barring is not has vibrant . May I ask you how you were able to get such nice barring ? They are very nice . Tammy .B

Quote:
Hi Tammy,
I don't have the dark combs or wattles yet...I am not sure if anyone has yet. As far as barring goes, I got a cuckoo roo that hasn't been bred to blue or gray or what have you..he had been bred cuckoo to black and nothing else that I am aware of, so the barring is very stable in his line of offspring.

Back
Top Bottom