Cuckoo Silkies?

So, can someone tell me about white cuckoo silkies? The breeder I got my chicks from had one white cuckoo roo (to me he just looked like a white Silkie with a red comb and light skin). He was in her breeding pen with some females that were split to lavender (I think, she had alot going on there. I hope I'm remembering things correctly- I was excited). When I picked out my chicks, there was one lavender colored chick with some barring in the crest-no barring anywhere else that I've noticed yet but its only 4 weeks old. The chick has nice dark skin and legs, and mulberry colored wattles but its comb is bright red. I'm about to be on my way to work, but could take some pics of said chick when I get home. Can someone explain what white cuckoo is all about- has anyone even heard of this?
There are two possibilities that occur. One is that he is a white from a breeding that guarantees barring. However, since no father pigment is present due to recessive white, you cannot see barring. However, the effect of barring on the skin (and comb) would remain in effect. The other possibility is "ghost barring." Try searching under that term. I don't know it well enough to explain.

Not necessarily. The father has to carry two copies of the gene for that to be correct.

B​
-
B​
BB (cuckoo male with two copies) B- (cuckoo female)
b+​
Bb+ (cuckoo male with one copy) b+-(not-cuckoo female)

like to join in on the cuckoo colour have bred a cuckoo to all my silkie blacks and so far have 5 in the cuckoo colour would you breed the chicks that are,nt the cuckoo colour but by him back to him or roosters by him? Think i have 3 pullets and 2 roosters so far,1 pullet is really pretty, thanks for any info, Gina

Have a queston about the pink comb in the cuckoo silkie.I know if the chicks are cuckoo they will have the pink comb but in the same hatch if the others a born blue or black or any other color will there combs be pink to?I just got the pink color out of my flock and don`t want it back.

i have,nt seen any pink combs in any of my other colors by my cuckoo rooster ,blues ,blacksseen light feathers on their feet,wanted to know if i bred them back to a cuckoo would i get cuckoo,can anyone help

Back
Top Bottom