Curled toes and turned in foot

Christie Laurin

Hatching
Apr 26, 2021
I know this has been discussed, but we have a 10 day old call ducking that came to us with a curled up foot. We’re treating the foot with brewers yeast and using band aides and either cardboard or corn pads to tape the foot open. Unfortunately the foot as turned inward (so it’s up and in) at the ankle and even when we have the foot taped open the little guy walks around on his ankle... Just wondering if any one has experience with this and any advice on how to straighten the foot out?
Or if you have any adult ducks with this issue can you just confirm that he’ll be ok wonky foot and all...

I know this has been discussed, but we have a 10 day old call ducking that came to us with a curled up foot. We’re treating the foot with brewers yeast and using band aides and either cardboard or corn pads to tape the foot open. Unfortunately the foot as turned inward (so it’s up and in) at the ankle and even when we have the foot taped open the little guy walks around on his ankle... Just wondering if any one has experience with this and any advice on how to straighten the foot out?
Or if you have any adult ducks with this issue can you just confirm that he’ll be ok wonky foot and all...

Attachments

• 39F18FCE-F708-4E08-B993-79469AC069FB.jpeg
    39F18FCE-F708-4E08-B993-79469AC069FB.jpeg
    417.5 KB · Views: 23
  • B062AB61-6518-48A0-A0A3-FEF468243C4C.jpeg
    B062AB61-6518-48A0-A0A3-FEF468243C4C.jpeg
    616.1 KB · Views: 23
Hi Christie, I just saw your post from last spring.

What happened with your duckling with the curled foot that was walking on its ankle? Do you have an update on your experience caring for your duckling that might be useful to others who experience the same issue? (Sorry you had to go it alone as far as getting advice here.)

Back
Top Bottom