Current Internet Theory

Pics
Careful on just worming to worm. My goat world is dealing with that in my region. A lot of worms are just resistant to the dewormers now. It’s a huge problem. So now when worm count is high by the time I see pale eyelids in goats or too skinny it’s too late. Worms are great at becoming resistant to meds. Not saying you don’t know this and plan a schedule just more for people scrolling through reading.
I do a chicken spa day every spring and fall. It’s an all day event. My son and husband off and on catch them in the run. Lol then I have a everything set up. Water bucket to wash their feet. Check to make sure everything looks good, nails , no bumble foot, eyes ect.. I dry them up. Check their vent and do a scan for mites. If they are bad with mites, I use alcohol in a spray bottle and spray them down really well. Kills them on contact. They don’t like it but I figure it’s that or them getting sick. Only had one broody chicken that was extremely bad that I soaked her completely down. She seemed relieved. Most times though they don’t have any ( we sprinkle DE in coop) I put them in the bucket tray with DE and give them a good dust bath. Then I neosporan their waddles and cone if they have black on them or wounded..lightly oil their legs and feet tops for mite protection. And then give them a dewormer and multi vitamin doze in spring only and just a multi vitamin boost in fall. Then leave them go and free range while I do the next one. Since, doing that my girls are very healthy looking. Cones and waddles nice and bright red and no mites. They don’t seem to molt as bad either.

We sorta nerfed ourselves encouraging our feral flock to... well be feral. They develop the habit if we collect their eggs they move to a new nest :he akin to if they loose their nest to a predator.
Have you tried putting some fake eggs in the nest when you take the real ones?

That worked nicely with some hens I used to have. They thought the nest was safe because it still had "eggs," so they kept laying there, and I didn't have to hunt for new nests all the time.

Have you tried putting some fake eggs in the nest when you take the real ones?

That worked nicely with some hens I used to have. They thought the nest was safe because it still had "eggs," so they kept laying there, and I didn't have to hunt for new nests all the time.
We gonna attempt that, but we're also planning to actually trap them since we're shifting to doing a breeder conservation type set up with possible egg selling on the side. So need birds trap for NPIP and AI testing.

First of all, don't kill the messenger...lol.

Secondly:
These were the TSC feeds that were tested:

-Producer's Pride 16% Layer Feed Mini Pellets
-Purina Layena Layer Crumbles
-Nature's Best Organic Egg Layer Pellets
-Dumor Organic 16% Layer Crumbles
-Dumor 16% Egg Maxx Pellets
-Flock Party Egg Maker Pellets

Producer's Pride 16% Layer Feed Mini Pellets contains about twice the glyphosate of any other brand tested, the next highest was Purina Layena Layer Crumbles.

Glyphosate is a pesticide and we all know that pesticide's and birds don't mix. Whether it has anything to do with egg reduction is still a mystery but I wouldn't feed it to my birds. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Secondly:

Producer's Pride 16% Layer Feed Mini Pellets contains about twice the glyphosate of any other brand tested, the next highest was Purina Layena Layer Crumbles.

Glyphosate is a pesticide and we all know that pesticide's and birds don't mix. Whether it has anything to do with egg reduction is still a mystery but I wouldn't feed it to my birds. I'd rather be safe than sorry.
Were actual numbers given?

Secondly:

More details are forthcoming, he said

aint jumping our fence topped with barb wire for that :oops: already get enough scowling from doctors

You might live in the rural south if your doctor asks about a bruise on your leg and accepts "I tripped over a trailer hitch," as a perfectly reasonable and ordinary explanation for a woman in her 50's to have an injury. ;)

You might live in the rural south if your doctor asks about a bruise on your leg and accepts "I tripped over a trailer hitch," as a perfectly reasonable and ordinary explanation for a woman in her 50's to have an injury. ;)
Yeeeup 🤣

Been yelled at for using my body to stop a round bale from rolling in the pond. Not my fault they cost so much! :caf

Back
Top Bottom