Curtains on a metal nesting box - show me your photos!

Vintage_is_eco

Chirping
Jan 10, 2020
We’re in the process of adding new, metal nesting boxes with front access to the eggs as the roll forward. I’d like to hang some curtains up for the girls bc they always prefer to be in privacy when laying (i would want that too!). The trouble is… I’m having the hardest time figuring out how to attaché the curtains to a metal box… I’ve considered double sided tape but I would like the curtains to be scrunched/pleated/gathered at top. Any suggestions???

Can you show me photos how you hung your curtains on metal nesting boxes?

We’re in the process of adding new, metal nesting boxes with front access to the eggs as the roll forward. I’d like to hang some curtains up for the girls bc they always prefer to be in privacy when laying (i would want that too!). The trouble is… I’m having the hardest time figuring out how to attaché the curtains to a metal box… I’ve considered double sided tape but I would like the curtains to be scrunched/pleated/gathered at top. Any suggestions???

Can you show me photos how you hung your curtains on metal nesting boxes?
Also, I can’t sew. 🤦‍♀️😆

Without being able to see your lay out, one option is to attach a rod - like one does a curtain rail or a bath towel rail.
Attach the rod to the wall at either end or the metal boxes at either end.
A rod that extends (like a curtain rail or an extender on cobweb brushes for roofs) can be easily collapsed to remove the curtains for cleaning, etc. and allows bunching for a scrunched/gathered look.

Last edited:

Attachments

• 58819DC3-9725-4841-9E64-90AA05CF4843.jpeg
    58819DC3-9725-4841-9E64-90AA05CF4843.jpeg
    568.7 KB · Views: 13

Back
Top Bottom