Custom Broiler feed

pcdreams

Chirping
Dec 25, 2019
Springfield, MO
I'm looking for a place around Springfield that does custom mix for broiler feed. I can buy a ton at a time if I can get it in those bags. I'll just have it loaded on a trailer and put it in barrels here.

It would be nice to have some bulk storage like a mini-bin that will hold 1.5 tons and they could deliver just filling the bin. Then there is no hassle with the bags or any possible added expense with that.
Have you called around to the various mills around Springfield? I know there are a lot of them. Most will do it and if not, they can direct you to a competitor that will.

It would be nice to have some bulk storage like a mini-bin that will hold 1.5 tons and they could deliver just filling the bin. Then there is no hassle with the bags or any possible added expense with that.
Have you called around to the various mills around Springfield? I know there are a lot of them. Most will do it and if not, they can direct you to a competitor that will.
I've tried a couple, but they've both told me they deal mostly with cattle and layer feeds. They didn't seem particularly interested in talking about it further. I know there's Hostetlers in Buffalo, but that's a bit of a drive.

I'll give our extension office a call. That's a great idea

I know several around here that used to do it deal with bagged feed only now.
They quit that because keeping supplements on hand before they expired didn't happen because I guess the demand died.
The ones that still mill on site may use your desired recipe.
Are you familiar with Fertrell? They make something called poultry nutri balancer. You just mix it with a random selection of ground grains and it adds all the vitamins, minerals, amino acids and fats chickens need.

I know several around here that used to do it deal with bagged feed only now.
They quit that because keeping supplements on hand before they expired didn't happen because I guess the demand died.
The ones that still mill on site may use your desired recipe.
Are you familiar with Fertrell? They make something called poultry nutri balancer. You just mix it with a random selection of ground grains and it adds all the vitamins, minerals, amino acids and fats chickens need.
yes, Fertrell is one of the supplements in the blend I'd like to do. I'm basically just starting with the Salatin mix, or an equivalent

Back
Top Bottom