Cuz's chat thread!

*Clears throat

Oh servant, may I have a glass of root beer on the rocks?

Today we got five more pigs! I'll bee posting pictures soon.........

We also went skating this afternoon. I now have one bruised knee, a crick in my neck (actually, I woke up with that one) and three blisters on my feet! But I had fun, and I am bad at skating......I only wiped out 3 times though.

Oinkers!

Hey guys!

I know there are like a bazillion and a half chat threads, but oh well, whats one more?

A little bit about me:

I live in Virginia, and am the oldest of four kids, I owned a bread buisness two years ago and saved up to buy my chickens, which I've had for almost a year now. I love chickening, tree climbing, swimming, and reading. I love modern country, Taylor Swift, and kareoke as far a music goes.

I am currently incubating my first clutch of eggs, be prepared for copious amounts of pictures!

ALL BYC RULES APPLY.

Have fun, I can't wait to get to know you guys!

Hi CuzChickens, I reckon I will get to know you better by chatting we seem to be on the same page haha. I'm in Sydney Australia, always wanted to see Virginia love your accent. I have 2 chickens Australop and leghorn, lost 2 last year. These 2 a buddies so wont introduce anymore. I love all things natural, I am into planting Pyrythrum daisies around my coop at the moment so I can dry the flowers and put them into the nesting and coop to keep the bugs away.

That would be awesome! We are really impressed with Tweeter's beautiful iridescent feathers, and we wish we could get a good rooster so we can have Tweeter Juniors :p

I bought one too but my brooder passed. It is still in the box. The incubator that is! I'll get energised possibly sometime and do some hatching not enough time in a day

Hi CuzChickens, I reckon I will get to know you better by chatting we seem to be on the same page haha. I'm in Sydney Australia, always wanted to see Virginia love your accent. I have 2 chickens Australop and leghorn, lost 2 last year. These 2 a buddies so wont introduce anymore. I love all things natural, I am into planting Pyrythrum daisies around my coop at the moment so I can dry the flowers and put them into the nesting and coop to keep the bugs away.

Hey Tillicans! (You can call me Cuz) ;)
It is great to officially meet you and get to know more about you! I love living in Virginia! I have a Leghorn, and two Australorps as well!

I currently have 6 Australorp eggs, 8 Leghorn/Australorp crosses and 12 Buff Orpington eggs in the incubator.

I love natural stuff like you are talking about! Have you read Fresh Eggs Daily by Lisa Steele? She is huge into natural stuff with herbs and whatnot, and that is the whole thing that got me started with natural practices in chicken raising, as you've seen with my essential oil enthusiasm. ;)

Yes I read her articles all the time. I started practising natural medicine in the early 70's showing my age but hey it's better than going to the doctors. I put the oregano in their water also I alternate with fresh garlic. In this hot weather I've been putting baking soda, helps to keep them hydrated. We had 104Fah today it was like a sauna. I misted them with the hose but they run away they don't like the wet, but the cooled down some anyway. Your Austalopmis a darling, I love them. Mine is a cross Sussex, same with the leghorn her tail,is beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom