Sep 17, 2023
I'm having such a hard time. We have 1 rooster and 3 hens. I went out yesterday morning to the worst scene.. a racoon broke into my coop. All hens safe but scared! I couldn't find my rooster & seen feathers all over the yard and then I find him with his head completely gone. It was so brutal that I have been dwelling on it since and having so much guilt!! I have been completely redoing my coup and fencing to make it more secure. How do you deal with the lose of something like this? My hens sure are missing him šŸ’” should I get another rooster? Hard to even think about that right now. He was such a good one protecting his girls! (I'll be watching for the racoon, since I'm sure he will be back! we live in town)
The very last picture of him :(

Attachments

• 20231008_174921.jpg
    20231008_174921.jpg
    363.8 KB · Views: 18
I'm so sorry for your loss, it is hard. Every time. And many of us have learned the hard way that predator proofing our coops and runs take serious effort.
Your varmit will return!!! Lock your survivors in a safe place while you rebuild/ reinforce their coop and run. Today.
Pictures of your coop and run will be helpful in the coop section, if you want advice.
Mary

Back
Top Bottom