Dang coyotes

That coyote will be having chicken for lunch. Better to let your hubby shoot it. Not only will they take your chickens, but cats, dogs and I have heard they will evn take a small child. Better save than sorry.

Last year we lost 13 Jacob four horned sheep, 12 goats, and close to 50 chickens to coyotes & hawks.

DH's Great Pyrenees dog disappeared the year before. (a different story).
We got a new 4 month old GP puppy, and have only lost one Pygmy goat since. I think she was stolen, though. She was very friendly, and the goats got into the horse pasture, which is fenced with barbed wire, and I believe she went to the road on the other side & someone took her. DH thinks a coyote got her.

I have since gotten 2 female GP pups, & my male got killed on the road. (another story). I just got a male GP pup today, 7 weeks old.
My girls do a great job, even though they are only 6 months old.
I haven't lost any of my free range chickens or their chicks from predators since I have gotten the dogs either. I have lost some of my pullets to cats, the dogs can't get next to the runs without a lot of trouble and the cats can climb in & out by way of the trees, so they can stay out of the dogs reach.

Sounds like an ad for Great Pyrenees dogs, huh???
I just love mine, and recommend them for protection of all kinds of livestock.

Sorry for the long story.

Jean

Quote:
Electric fence chargers work fine on extension cords, even up to several hundred feet.

Don't forget though, you can keep the charger close to home and run the electric fence wire out to the coop. You can run the wire high to travel under it with incident, low on step in fence posts, or bury it by using underground wire.

:eek: I am in love................oh my . I am going to get me some Brahmas........... beatiful flock Akramoto..........just beautiful......
smile.png

my hens are free range in the day time intill about 7:00 they git in there coop ,,and i lock them in !! but i hope nothing eats them in the day time!

Thanks foxtrapper- thats what I'll have to do. I can't be offering up some chicken dinner to that bugger. I'm sure theres more out there too.

Back
Top Bottom