Dark Cornish - 12 weeks old - sex?

KoopOnTruckin

Songster
Jun 17, 2016
East Orlando, FL

Here are 3 of my 5 Dark Cornish that I would like to get opinions on. The large one on the right is (IMO) a cockerel, the other 2 smaller ones on the left are the one's I'm curious about.

Here are the 3 cockerels (or so I believe):

Here is the smaller one w/ brown on her - I assume she's a female at this point, or maybe hoping due to the beautiful brown in her!

And here is the smallest one, smaller than the largest cockerel by almost half:

The pictures aren't the greatest, but I can tell you the combs are much smaller on the 2 smallest ones (believed to be pullets), and the wattles are practically non-existent. You can see the wattles and comb of the white rock cockerel in the background - I know, this has nothing to do with the DCs, but I'm very proud of those WRs!

So what do you think, 3 roos and 2 pullets?

Last edited:
Hah, I wasn't even considering the color on that one - not sure why! Yes, that is correct, he definitely has a lot of flush color there. Well good, I'm glad at least one was a pullet, and the prettiest one IMO. Going to keep one male and one female to play with in some breeding experiments. Thank you for the help!

Hah, I wasn't even considering the color on that one - not sure why! Yes, that is correct, he definitely has a lot of flush color there. Well good, I'm glad at least one was a pullet, and the prettiest one IMO. Going to keep one male and one female to play with in some breeding experiments. Thank you for the help!

lol your welcome! i like your username...creative........while mine is my name and last anuial lol

Back
Top Bottom