Dark runny poo

Hello,

Just came across this post in my currently endless search and figured I'd see if anyone else might know. I am also experiencing a similar problem and there are very limited threads to consolidate these symptoms, so I am posting here.

The Flash has been experiencing diarrhea that is dark brown and watery. She has been after treatment of corid and safeguard. The safeguard was recently used because I saw a live worm in a poop of an unidentified chicken. Corid was used because I thought I noticed dark red blood in stool a few times from another chicken. All three of my chickens shared these medications. They also share Purina Omega feed, Rooster Booster probiotics and vitamins. All three chickens are 6-8 months old.

I've looked at enough chicken poop at this point and it's driving me mad. The chicken is otherwise healthy except that her comb is pale compared to my two of another breed and shorter.

Also forgot to add, it's to frequent for cecal and seems like it happens with every bowel movement, before and after any treatments mentioned above.

Hello,

Just came across this post in my currently endless search and figured I'd see if anyone else might know. I am also experiencing a similar problem and there are very limited threads to consolidate these symptoms, so I am posting here.

The Flash has been experiencing diarrhea that is dark brown and watery. She has been after treatment of corid and safeguard. The safeguard was recently used because I saw a live worm in a poop of an unidentified chicken. Corid was used because I thought I noticed dark red blood in stool a few times from another chicken. All three of my chickens shared these medications. They also share Purina Omega feed, Rooster Booster probiotics and vitamins. All three chickens are 6-8 months old.

I've looked at enough chicken poop at this point and it's driving me mad. The chicken is otherwise healthy except that her comb is pale compared to my two of another breed and shorter.

Figure out what the problem was? One of my hens has the identical brown chocolate runny poo. All I know right now is flies love it.

Some of my girls have had this off and on for a couple years. I'm not exactly sure of the cause although some berries from a tree seem to be part of the problem. However, I accidentally discovered something that is helping them immensely! I started using up some green probiotic powder I had on hand (amazing greens). I thought they could use some good gut help. I use half a scoop mixed with their scraps twice and day for my five hens, and three weeks later all their poos are normal again.
AND one girl, who is my freeloader, and hasn't laid in a year, just started laying again. Happy girls and happy mama!!

Back
Top Bottom